Dual Body regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is a good one and Keg connection is a great company, but it is a "secondary regulator" meaning that it does not connect directly to the tank. You will need to either have a "Primary" regulator on the tank that drops the pressure to levels normal vinyl can handle (<150PSI) or buy the expensive high pressure hose or get a different model regulator. I work for a Hose and pipe distributor and we sell alot of the same stuff these guys do and I can tell you the prices are pretty good. I have dealt with them in the past and they are very helpful and knowledgeable. If you have any question they have a good sales staff that will help you and I think orders get processed much faster if you place them over the phone.
hope that helped,
Chase

Yes that is a good one and Keg connection is a great company, but it is a "secondary regulator" meaning that it does not connect directly to the tank. You will need to either have a "Primary" regulator on the tank that drops the pressure to levels normal vinyl can handle (<150PSI) or buy the expensive high pressure hose or get a different model regulator. I work for a Hose and pipe distributor and we sell alot of the same stuff these guys do and I can tell you the prices are pretty good. I have dealt with them in the past and they are very helpful and knowledgeable. If you have any question they have a good sales staff that will help you and I think orders get processed much faster if you place them over the phone.
hope that helped,
Chase

I didn't even think about that. I'm going to need a primary regulator. Good thing I asked on here and didn't order that one.

That is almost the same as I use. In my opinion the Tank pressure gauge is pretty useless and takes up space in my crowded fridge. I have one regulator set to serving pressure going to a manifold (Air Distributor) that I hook to 4 kegs and I can use the 2nd regulator to force carbonate at 30 psi. I have 4 taps so if one keg kicks I have one ready to go.

Sorry, that wasn't a clear recommendation,and I meant to make one. That one is very good. You will like the flare fittings all around and the check/ball valves are nice. I also like the pressure relief valves on the regulators. I would get a 1/4 NPT plug for the high pressure gauge port, but that is not necessary.

Sorry, that wasn't a clear recommendation,and I meant to make one. That one is very good. You will like the flare fittings all around and the check/ball valves are nice. I also like the pressure relief valves on the regulators. I would get a 1/4 NPT plug for the high pressure gauge port, but that is not necessary.

Cool, thanks, I just ordered it! Can't wait to get to kegging, lord knows I put enough money into it

Back