Dryhopping with a LOT of hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalgayer

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am brewing next week and the recipe calls for 6oz or so to dry hop.
I am assuming that will soak up a lot of wort. And be a mess.

I am guessing I should use a hop bag (or two).

Should I wring out the hops after I am done dry hopping? Or is that bad like squeezing steeped grains?

I was going to pm you back but that is what I struggled with on my Pliny clone. I think the key is time,cools crass and transfer trouble another vessel, cold crash again and then use gelatin

I was going to pm you back but that is what I struggled with on my Pliny clone. I think the key is time,cools crass and transfer trouble another vessel, cold crash again and then use gelatin

What do you mean by "cools crass" and by "transfer the trouble"
Thanks!

I think he meant "cold crash" & "transfer to another vessel".

Squeeze them it won't hurt anything as long as you're sanitary, and I'd use a secondary for the dry hopping, most likely a bucket so I could get that 6oz of hops out.

I think he meant "cold crash" & "transfer to another vessel".

Yeah, I heard that he drinks. :D

If you're going to hang around here, I hope you learn to speak druck!

6 ounces of dryhopping will soak up a lot of beer. But, the remaining beer will be awesome, so try to not think of it as a loss, but as a gain of even more wonderful beer.

Now that I look back that totally makes sense.

At first I was like... Geeesh... I really thought I was learning all the lingo. But I have no idea what "cooling the crass" or "transfering the trouble" is.

I was like...welp.... back to square one. What a relief.

An idea for you-- do 2 oz at a time, for five days, and then yank them and add the next two, and then yank those and add the last two, and tehn after 5 days bottle.

Sometimes too much at once gives the grassy flavor.

Now that I look back that totally makes sense.

At first I was like... Geeesh... I really thought I was learning all the lingo. But I have no idea what "cooling the crass" or "transfering the trouble" is.

I was like...welp.... back to square one. What a relief.

Well, hopefully you understand what "druck" is, too, and possibly picnip taps can come later. :D

Yeah, I heard that he drinks. :D

If you're going to hang around here, I hope you learn to speak druck!

6 ounces of dryhopping will soak up a lot of beer. But, the remaining beer will be awesome, so try to not think of it as a loss, but as a gain of even more wonderful beer.

hey now, I wasn't druck! It is my dang phone, sometimes auto spelling isn't the answer, I need to pay more attention to the words it picks for me.

Hey, but you figured it out...

hey now, I wasn't druck! It is my dang phone, sometimes auto spelling isn't the answer, I need to pay more attention to the words it picks for me.

Hey, but you figured it out...

I was going to a funeral for a family member. I texted my cousin "Will you be my pew buddy?"(Y'know, will you sit with me?).
My phone sent "Will you be my sex buddy?". Good thing she knows me better than that!

I was going to a funeral for a family member. I texted my cousin "Will you be my pew buddy?"(Y'know, will you sit with me?).
My phone sent "Will you be my sex buddy?". Good thing she knows me better than that!

I swear I read this same thing in "Penthouse Letters" many years ago...

Back