Dry mead yeast ..how long does it last?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklabel

Reaction score
I am interested in making Mead, But also looking to it as an alternative to other alcoholic beverages in a POW or Bug out situation where civilization brakes down and I need to bug out to the woods.

I know it sounds crazy, but if i was planning on stockpiling Dry mead yeast how long to you think it will last?

And im no KOOK.. but i still want to get a buzz after zombies infest the cities i currently live in :drunk:

There is an expiration date on yeast packets. Stored in a cool, dry place the yeast may last up to a year longer than the expiration date.

Do zombie bees make honey?

Mmm Zom Bees. According to some, honey never goes bad.

If the world goes to heck in a handbasket, we'd just cultivate wild yeast to get our fix. And I'd be drinking hard cider and mead. Hmm, no change there...

we'd just cultivate wild yeast to get our fix. And I'd be drinking hard cider and mead. Hmm, no change there...

You have planed badly. If you are prepared, you can harvest the yeast from your beer bottles and make your mead and cyder from ale yeast.

Now...Gotta go make a label for Zom-Bee Mead.

Maybe with A Picture of Rob Zom-Bee?

You guys are really onto something here.

Yes, but if you have to "bug out to the woods," then I'm going to think about ammo more than yeast.

I've got a group of friends who plan to hide for a year after the end of the world, wait for everyone to run out of ammo, then come out with swords.

I can't make gunpowder, but I can make booze.

Back