Dry Malt Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbrews

Reaction score
Does anyone know the accurate ppg/L values for Extra Light, Pilsen, Wheat, and Light DME's sold by the various maltsters?

Briess
Muntons
...and any others you can think of.

Also, I need an accurate list of the ingredients in these products. Most contain some form of American or British carapils, very few are pure base malt, some contain light crystal 10 or 15, some use Maris Otter, German Pils malt, American White Wheat, American Harrington, etc. Yet few companies list the amounts of these additives, or are super vague about what's even in their product. I'm looking for very specific ingredient names. Maybe a few of you have emailed these companies in the past and have the info. Thanks.

I doubt anyone would know exact percentages unless they worked for them or have some inside knowledge. The Briess Sparkling amber is 2 row/Munich/C60 and I'd guess its probably 85/10/5. I'd be interested to know for sure what everyone uses though. :)

Back