Dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieclegg

Reaction score
So I extract brew and dry hopped by just throwing the pellets into fermenter. I'm ready to keg but way too much sediment or hops floating at top. What's the best way to filter all of it before kegging?

I had the same issue but I got a metal screen that fits on the end of my racking cane and it made a world of difference

I use a one gallon paint strainer bag wrapped around the autosiphon and held in place with a rubber band. Make sure to sanitize any of it that will contact your beer.

If you have the ability to cold crash even for 4-5 hrs, this will make the hop particles sink to the bottom.

Also a suggestion, use a fine mesh hop bag next time and you will could this all together. If you use this technic you might want to add a little more hops than you do without the bag.

I ended up using a paint strainer. So far so good. Definitely will place hops in a hops bag next time.

Back