Dry Hopping with Pellets in a Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just realized that the only Amarillo Hops I have left are in Pellet form. I want to dry hop an APA, but am a little worried about the debris. I will be placing the hops in a Hop bag. Think I should use the Pellets and not worry about the Debris?

BierMuncher uses that method and it works fine. I use a 3" stainless herb ball for my dry hopping in the keg. They stay in there till the keg blows.

I just bottled my IPA which was dry-hopped in secondary with pellets.. no bags.. not anything else. After two weeks the pellet 'dust' settled nicely on the bottom... I moved the carboy to the counter where I would be bottling a few hours before I started to let it re-settle and I was just fine. I left a lil bit of beer above the bottom sediment. It sucks to leave any beer at all.. but it's better than drinking hop particles. Next time I'll use a pair of nylons over the end of the siphon, but it works with no other tools.

Back