Dry "Hopping" with Breakfast Cereal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scanloni

Reaction score
I'm going to brew a stout soon and was wondering if floating some kind of chocolatey breakfast cereal would enhance the aroma and /or flavor. What are the potential pitfalls of doing this? If it's doable, how much should I use?

Thanks!

I would not recommend that. Anything you can find would probably be filled with artificial ingredients that I think could ruin your beer.

If you want chocolate flavor, use chocolate extract made for brewing with.

One major risk i could think of would be infection. You won't be able to sanitize the cereal which could introduce something wild to the beer.

MrMcPeach said:
I would not recommend that. Anything you can find would probably be filled with artificial ingredients that I think could ruin your beer.

If you want chocolate flavor, use chocolate extract made for brewing with.

Thanks. I was hoping to make my stout smell like a chocolate chip cookie, and thought maybe floating some Cookie Crisp on top might do the trick. Definitely not worth the risk of ruining the batch though.

Thanks. I was hoping to make my stout smell like a chocolate chip cookie, and thought maybe floating some Cookie Crisp on top might do the trick. Definitely not worth the risk of ruining the batch though.

Search for the recipe for Evil Twin Biscotti Break. It was like drinking cookie dough!

Back