Dry Hopping Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffencourt

Reaction score
Im wanting to dry hop a lager im about to make and am wondering, once i get the beer into the secondary, should i be lagering and dry hopping at the same time, or should the beer be at room temp for the dry hopping process? any input would be helpful! thanks in advance!

:mug:

Im wanting to dry hop a lager im about to make and am wondering, once i get the beer into the secondary, should i be lagering and dry hopping at the same time, or should the beer be at room temp for the dry hopping process? any input would be helpful! thanks in advance!

:mug:

You can do either, but I don't like keeping the beer on dryhops for very long so my preference is to dryhop about a week or so before packaging. You could go longer at cold temperatures, of course, than at room temperature but I'd err on the side of caution and dryhop near the end of lagering.

Old thread but I am brewing a hopped pils and was wondering the same thing. When should I add the dry hops? Sounds like the last week of lagering will work.

Back