Dry Hopping non (India) Pale Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
So, just out of curiosity, has anybody Dry hopped any interesting beers just to see how they came out. I made 10 gallons of a wheat beer, and i was thinking of when i rack from my 10 gallon fermenter to two carboys to dry hop 5 gallons of it to see how it comes out. Just looking for some other experiences and advice...

It's not uncommon for English bitters and pale ales to be dry hopped - just don't over do it.

I have an American Wheat in primary right now and I'm seriously thinking about dropping in half an ounce of Tett just for fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, there's nothing odd about dry hopping other styles. Like Beerthoven said, though, just keep it under control to complement the rest of the beer.

TL

I dryhop most of my low-gravity session ales, which are either Pales or rye pales. But only 1/2 ounce or so. Since I keg, I'll do the add when I start carbing. That doesn't happen until something else floats.

I also dry hop browns, once in a while or if they are getting boring.

Back