Dry hopping in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmeister

Reaction score
I'm still fairly new to brewing & have been reading in here for a while. Brewed my second batch last week of a SNPA clone and racked to secondary tonite but forgot to dry hop & didn't feel like running back out to the brew shop. Adding it tomorrow eve shouldn't be a problem should it? It taste rather sweet so I think I need to balance it out. Used 1oz perle & 2oz cascade during partial boil.

Thanks

dry hopping won't add any bitterness (just aroma), so your beer's sweetness will remain unchanged.

as for adding it tomorrow.... you can add it whenever you want. I usually leave my IPA in the secondary for 2 weeks, but only dry-hop for the last 7 to 10 days of that time.

Dryhopping for a week in the keg/cleaning tank normally does it. My lastest, I dryhopped with Cascades for a week & then EKG & Fuggles for another week, because I wasn't happy with the nose.

Back