Dry Hopping For Pale Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty_Ice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to dry hop this ale I just started and have a few whole hop flower strains I've got in mind and want to hear some other opinions.
I'm looking to make a very citrusy ale and have some combination of Citra and Cascade hops. But I wanted to know has anyone tried dry hopping with Sorachi Ace before? It brings a stronger lemony note that I don't think the other two do posses.

I've used Sorachi Ace pellets to dry hop a wheat beer late last Summer. It was very well received and I'll be doing a repeat once Spring rolls around...

Cheers!

Sorachi is a really nice hop. I've used it once or twice and it does have a strong lemon presence imo. Give it a shot and see what you think. Also, post your recipe

Sorachi is a really nice hop. I've used it once or twice and it does have a strong lemon presence imo. Give it a shot and see what you think. Also, post your recipe

I'm still pretty new to home brewing. The recipe is a Brewer's Best American Pale Ale kit, subbing out the dry yeast for a white labs California Ale Liquid Yeast starter and dry hopping with the aforementioned hops.

Back