Dry Hopping Cylinder Busted into Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
I am trying to see what's the best way to get my beer out the tank.

Briefly, I keg and when I dry hop i use a stainless still mesh cylinder to put my dryhops. Did this for a long time and all works great however I think in this particular keg the cap came out and the dry hope blocks the in.

Curious how you overcome it and got the beer out.

I am thinking to remove the post,use a gas line with a inline valve so I can get to the beer... thoughts ?

If your keg isn't flowing it's probably because there is hops stuck in the spring on the liquid connector. should be able to depressurize, take the liquid connection off, clean and replace.

I did that. I removed the puppet spring entirely and I connected the liquid connector without the spring too. So nor the connector nor the post have anything in them but still those oriffices are to small and get re-clogged.

So I am thinking to take the post out entirely, connect a clean gas line to it and have an 1/2 inline valve ( big) so maybe I will that beer out!

Back