Dry hopping AND hop tea in one batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurlyBrew

Reaction score
I have a pale ale that I did and am going to dry hop with a mixture of amarillo, cascade, and centennial, 2 oz total. Now I love hop aroma and I had a lack of it in my last batch. I want to add an extra punch of hop aroma. I'm wondering if a hop tea as well as a dry hop would be overboard. This is the hop bill:

5 gallon boil
.60 cascade FWH
.50 centennial 60 min
.50 amarillo 15 min
.50 cascade 15 min
.50 amarillo 0 (whirlpool for 10 min)
.20 cascade 0
.30 centennial 0
Dry hop
1oz amarillo
.50 oz centennial
.50 oz cascade

Will this be a substantial amount of aroma? I would love to achieve as much aroma as say New Glarus moon man. Or should I add a hop tea at bottling? Thoughts?

I just started brewing again. My comments four months ago were that I did not want to go heavy on hops but just make some good porters and pale ales. Now I am buying centennial and citra so I do understand. Hops seem to be like sugar or salt in that we accommodate the them very quickly.

I just started brewing again. My comments four months ago were that I did not want to go heavy on hops but just make some good porters and pale ales. Now I am buying centennial and citra so I do understand. Hops seem to be like sugar or salt in that we accommodate the them very quickly.

You are correct with this one. Always loved hops, can't seem to get enough! I'm thinking I might stick with just the dry hop but I hope I get a lot of hop flavor. Definitely want to make up for the lack of hop flavor in the last beer.

Latest posts

Back