Dry hop with floating dip tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewskey

Reaction score
Has anyone had success dry hopping in a corny using a floating dip tube with filter attachment? I'm going to add 3.5oz of pellets to the keg and transfer to a different keg after crash and conditioning. I'm hesitant to try this because I can image the little filter contraption getting clogged easily. I've done some searching but I haven't seen enough evidence to convince myself that this is a good idea. Maybe I should just bag 'em... Thanks

Edit: Now that I've posted this I see a thread below where people are saying it works great...

those little wine-filter screens are really good at filtering out hops. I've never had one clog

I don't bother transferring the beer to a second (third?) keg - I just leave the dry hops in for the duration and serve straight from the primary keg with a floating dip tube on the liquid line

those little wine-filter screens are really good at filtering out hops. I've never had one clog

I don't bother transferring the beer to a second (third?) keg - I just leave the dry hops in for the duration and serve straight from the primary keg with a floating dip tube on the liquid line
Thanks for the reply. I'll try serving out of this keg and see how it goes.

Do you like the results? How many ounces will it hold?

I've been beyond happy! I keg hop with 3oz worth of pellets. It looks like nothing when they go in there. After sitting in the keg and soaking in the beer the pellets expand and fill up the tube. Works great! I leave it in until the kegs empty

Back