Dry hop advice on low abv / session NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickThoR

Reaction score
So, brew day was a mess... i brewed my first Juicy IPA. I missed my OG, had to add 1lb of DME, efficiency was off, and I missed my only planned whirlpool hop addition at 180d ( got it in at 130d). Below is a snapshot image of what it turned out as.

Its now at FG and I'm about to dry hop. the original plan was 2oz each of amarillo and el dorado. Any suggestions on amounts? since this beer has "technically" 0 ibus, i want to add enough hops, but being such low abv I don't wanna overwhelm it.

Thanks in advance.

1663689486361.png

A typical neipa ppl are doing 2oz per gallon of dryhop for say a 7% ABC beer, personally I'm I'm the 1.25 oz per gallon range. Maybe throw an extra ounce of each in? Being a lower abv you dont want to overdo it but I think 6oz in a 5 gallon batch would be ok even at that abv.

I went with the 2oz of each, ill try and remember to report back in a week or so once I keg and see how it tastes

Latest posts

Back