Dry hop a turkey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apache_brew

Reaction score
Brining my turkey right now to prep for Thanksgiving. Part of me wants to toss some of the extra cascade I have in the freezer into my turkey brine. Anybody ever use hops like this?

šŸ¦ƒšŸ»

I'm not sure anything would penetrate the turkey flavor-wise. At worst, you might get isomerization during cooking. I could personally live without bitter turkey!

Hops in a turkey doesnā€™t sound like it would bring anything worthwhile to the party. Iā€™m wondering, however, if a small amount of a low AA hop, something like Willamette or any of the Noble hops, would play well with the usual mix of seasonings added to the dressing.

That might be an experiment for a later date. We arenā€™t responsible for the fowl this year. :cool:

I chickened out... šŸ”

Rather then chancing the bird on the big day, I think I'll try this experiment another time with chicken instead.

Back