Dry Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tag

Reaction score
I am using 1 Step sanitizer and need to know if your bottles need to be completely dry before bottling or can you just drain them for a few minutes and then bottle while still wet inside?

Thanks

sometimes there can be some little pellets of not-mixed One-Step in the butt of your bottles if you use the improper amount. Honestly, I have moved completely away from One-step to Idophor and Oxi Clean. I also clean/ sanitize my bottles in the dishwasher before I bottle, its crazy easy and leaves nothing behind. I recommend it.

I put mine upside down in the cases with the bottom lined in paper towels, let them sit while i get everything ready for racking, this allows for most of the liquid to drain out with out getting the bottom of your cardboard cases wet.

I was tipped off to the dishwasher thing on this site. I used it for the last two bottling sessions and it works great. I have always used bleach solution for sanitizing so I rinse the bottles with hot water and stick them in the DW then run the DW without soap. I speed it along by turning the knob ahead while I am getting things ready. Plus now I bottle on the open DW door and never have a mess to clean up from spillage.

Back