Drunken Talent!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this... ?

lol

beer51.jpg

What kind of Drunken Talent do you have?

I'd probably spill 90% of that.

Learning languages. When I was mediocre at French in an immersed environment, my inebriation removed my inhibitions and I was told that I spoke much better French by the locals.

Fell down the stairs once while carrying a Bloody Mary. Didn't spill a drop. Drunk as hell, too. That's GOTTA count for something. :tank:

In college, it used to be the procurement of bar signs from local establishments. Nowadays, it's pretty much the same as HoppyDaze, except replace "wife" with "girlfriend".

Has anyone tried this... ?

lol

beer51.jpg

What kind of Drunken Talent do you have?

I'd probably spill 90% of that.

That is pretty epic and is now on my list of things to try. My only drunken, positive talent that comes to mind is pool. I hit the zone after five beers. Then it holds to beer number twelve or so before going downhill rapidly.

That is pretty epic and is now on my list of things to try. My only drunken, positive talent that comes to mind is pool. I hit the zone after five beers. Then it holds to beer number twelve or so before going downhill rapidly.

haha I am like that in beer pong beween beers 2 and 5-7.

I'm the same way with darts. Usually takes 2 beers before I get into the zone and starts to go downhill once I hit double digits...

My amazing drunk "talent", is that I eat lit cigarettes when I get drunk.. Not like sitting alone, in a dark room, naked on the couch kind of eating lit cigarettes.. I do it purely for shock value and it really freaks people out.. I tried to do it sober once and just couldnt do it.. Oh yeah, I also like to "firewalk" through the campfire when I am drunk and camping.. Damn, I am a strange sonofabitch......

I made a son while drunk - does that count as a talent...I mean I might have ended up with a little girl.

I like this topic cause I know for sure that everyone has something they do better drunk especially if you are/were at one time a binge drinker. I am not going to lie, I was a binge dinker while I was underage and in college. Surprise, Surprise.

I learned to drink anything, and not only drink anything but I could drink it FAST. At first it was just for fun that we would bong a few beers, shotgun beers or just chug as fast as possible. However, that turned into the accepted method of pre-gaming for a long while. It got to the point that I could easily get a can of beer down in a few seconds, then go right back for another a few minutes later. That was a quite the skill but these days I can barely chug a beer.

Now a days, the only thing I really do well when I am drunk is annoy the girlfriend and sleep on the couch like a boss after!:rockin:

I seem to have had this ability in my early 20s of getting wasted and passing out in the most obscure places. Behind plants behind couches under beds....the best to date was me and the gf got tore up and one of us took a shower...or turned it on and forgot it for 8 hours. We woke up to a thick haze of steam, freaked and I ran out the house naked thinking it was on fire. Needless to say, I lock the door to the shower now when I drink! Go me! O yah and I am amazing at quarters and pong when I can't even hold my eyes open. Ahh the days of dumbas$ youth.

i can drive a lot better when i'm drunk (j/k i dont do it, you shouldn't either)

but really i can remember the **** out of peoples names when im drunk. but only for the night, they're gone in the morning. and i'm really terrible with names otherwise.

also i get better at pool, pong, guitar hero, and being loud. but the name thing i think is my biggest drunk super power.

I seem to have had this ability in my early 20s of getting wasted and passing out in the most obscure places. Behind plants behind couches under beds....the best to date was me and the gf got tore up and one of us took a shower...or turned it on and forgot it for 8 hours. We woke up to a thick haze of steam, freaked and I ran out the house naked thinking it was on fire. Needless to say, I lock the door to the shower now when I drink! Go me! O yah and I am amazing at quarters and pong when I can't even hold my eyes open. Ahh the days of dumbas$ youth.

My cousin passed out in the shower for about that long. He was a bit soggy and the skin was just a tad pruny in the morning.

A buddy of mine passed out after playing with a hair dryer and woke up to a 2nd degree burn on his leg.

Jt..actually we were both in bed. Neither of us were wet from the shower. Anywho all this laughing made me think about another. When my gf was on vacation me and a buddie were out and on the walk home we hit a 7-11 and got a sandwich and I ended up passing out with the sandwich....well there was sandwich EVERYWHERE in the morning. That sucked hard. Try explaining to your gf how the sheets got ruined bc of mayo....yah didn't go over well. Im much wiser now a days. I just eat chips in bed while drunk. Nothing a vaccum cleaner can get rid of.

I get ultra philosophical and have really in depth talks with people. Then I hear the story the next day of people saying that "we talked for 2 hours about medical terminology and treatment" " you werent drunk at all". Then I dont remember the conversation.

Learning languages. When I was mediocre at French in an immersed environment, my inebriation removed my inhibitions and I was told that I spoke much better French by the locals.

i'm the same way, i think...
it's hard because the sample time i have involved two people who were in the same german class watching Stalingrad (mostly just to see the scene with the German soldier shouting "Ich habe in meine Hosen gescheisen!")
i'm also insanely good at sudoku when i'm still buzzed but beginning to sober up. got really drunk one day, ran out of beer, got on the bus to go home, and set some records on my cellphone sudoku that have not been beaten since.

I've forgotten how to speak English while drunk, and its my native tongue...

yes!

i speak spanish and i used to work at a restaurant with some spanish speaking folk. (dear freinds of mine) sometimes when they were at the bar drinking with me, between talking to them and talking to enlglish speakers i got my wires crossed and would screw everybody up.

For several hours between 2009 and 2010 I completely forgot English, no words, no grammar, nothing, I was speaking only French, it was especially hilarious when my French friends were trying to practice their English with me.

Arneba28 said:
I get ultra philosophical and have really in depth talks with people. Then I hear the story the next day of people saying that "we talked for 2 hours about medical terminology and treatment" " you werent drunk at all". Then I dont remember the conversation.

This happens to me almost everytime I get drunk. I also have a habit of writing essays on subjects like religion, business, racism,etc. while drunk and alone. I don't write normally, have never been a writer, am barely educated, and we're talking two-page essays that go into great depth, sound intelligent and generally lack any grammatical errors. I don't know where that comes from, but if I drank excessively more often i'd at least start a "Drunken Rant" blog to record these epic thought writings.

Oh! I also have the ability to get along with anyone, and have great conversations despite my usually shy personality. It's like my inhibitions are lowered...

up till i was 25 i was able to drink till i was damn near dead and i could walk and talk to someone as if id never touched a drop. ive fooled cops(no dui bull****) friends you name it. then one night i took a bottle of everclear to fla with me and partied with a cousin of mine there and went way to far with it and now i stumble and slur when im drunk. man i cannot tell everyone out there enough be careful with that. i done lots of dumb **** on that stuff.

Back