drunken late night munchies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanch

Reaction score
So yesterday afternoon I took keg of wheat beer over to a friends to do some swimin. I ended up staying for some late night debaucherys. The wheat beer was most excellent and everybody got good and plowed. I vaugly remember geting a ride home.

This morning i awoke to find four empty sardine cans an empty can of black beans a can of corn, franks red hot and a half eaten jar of olive salad. All accompanied by an empty Busch can, in front of the computer with HBT on the screen. My first thaught was who ate all the sardines. as I cleared the trash and put the stuff away I slowly realized that I was indeed the culprit. The fiery duece I droped this morning confirmed my suspicions.

Just thought I would share my experience with everybody . Maybe you have come home late at night and devoured something strange.

PS Thunderbolt's American wheat beer recipe is bomb!!! it goes excellent with swimming and strange fish dishes. :rockin:

HBT was on the computer huh? ....you sure about that....no drunken batefest 2000 for you huh?

HBT was on the computer huh? ....you sure about that....no drunken batefest 2000 for you huh?

No, unfortunately my computer is in my kitchen with lots of windows and I would not want to disturb the neighbors. The thought of being caught in the act by Old man Yellowman (the neighbor) is plenty to keep my baiting habits at bay.

I beilieve I wrote Thunderbolt earlier its actually Thunderworm

I made it just like the recipe except I added 2 LBS of two row. I also mashed at 152° for 25 min and 160° for another 20min mashed out at 175°

2565 KölschYeast Starter: 1.5 L on stir plate
Batch Size (Gallons): 6.0
Original Gravity: 1.050
Final Gravity: 1.010
IBU: 19
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Color: 3.9 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 9 days at 62 °F
Tasting Notes: Refreshing beer with a nice mouthfeel and a light clean fruitiness.

Here's the recipe for my American wheat beer that won 2nd place BOS and 1st place Hybrids (Category 6-7) in the HBT BJCP 2011 contest. I brewed this on March 6th, so it was about 3 weeks old for the first round judging. I was surprised that it was actually very drinkable only 11 days after brewday (but still extremely turbid). As the Kölsch yeast continued to settle out in the keg, the more subtle fruity fermentation characteristics began to come out a little more.

Grain:
5.5 lb 2-row malt (52%)
4.5 lb Wheat malt (43%)
0.5 lb Munich malt (5%)
0.5 lb rice hulls

Hops:
9 g Yakima Magnum (14.0% AA); first wort hops
8 g Centennial (8.8% AA); 10 min.
21 g Centennial (8.8% AA); 0 min.

Single infusion mash at 152 °F, 60 min. Mash out at 165 °F, 10 min. Batch sparged.

Fermented 9 days at 62 °F. Cold crashed for 1 day, then kegged and force carbed.
thunderworm is offline Report Post

Man if I am on the way home it's Primanti Bros sammy with the addition of a fried egg. If I am already home like tonight it's whatever I can find in the fridge grilled up with whatever kinda cheese and some Hellmans. About to get it heated up actually.

We have one rule about late night drunken munchies. . . . Don't eat too much cheese.

My buddy and I were working on a case of honey brown. We polished it off and another buddy came over and his sister drove us out to the bar. After a night out at the bar we came home and started chowin down on some grub. I grabbed a can of chilli and piled on some cheese he grabbed a can of corn beef hash and pilled on even more cheese.

Half way through his hash he looks up at me from the floor and says "I ate to much cheese!" All he could say to me was I ate too much cheese as he ran out the door.

I grabbed my beer and his and headed out to check on him, after finishing my chilli of course.

I found him in my side yard in pretty rough shape. His girlfriend gets there to pick him up and all he can say is I ate too much cheese. As soon as she pulled out of my drive way she pulled over and he took care of his "cheese issue".

JWink said:
We have one rule about late night drunken munchies. . . . Don't eat too much cheese.

My buddy and I were working on a case of honey brown. We polished it off and another buddy came over and his sister drove us out to the bar. After a night out at the bar we came home and started chowin down on some grub. I grabbed a can of chilli and piled on some cheese he grabbed a can of corn beef hash and pilled on even more cheese.

Half way through his hash he looks up at me from the floor and says "I ate to much cheese!" All he could say to me was I ate too much cheese as he ran out the door.

I grabbed my beer and his and headed out to check on him, after finishing my chilli of course.

I found him in my side yard in pretty rough shape. His girlfriend gets there to pick him up and all he can say is I ate too much cheese. As soon as she pulled out of my drive way she pulled over and he took care of his "cheese issue".

Ahhhaahaha cool story bro.

I always kill it with the cheese. Doesn't bother me. The chili would kill me first.

I remember one time when working as a waiter in Germany, I lived beside the kitchen in staff quarters. I was woken up one morning by an irate boss asking if I had phukked up his kitchen, I said err no, I was in there last night for a moment while Holger was cooking and left.
Now the day before here had been a buffet ( I worked in a cafe) so there was a lot of stuff in there just left standing about for staff to finish off. Holger had taken everything he could find and thrown it into the pan and then proceeded to drop the rest of the stuff all over the floor and smear it on the walls and generally make a total mess of the kitchen. The crap he had in the pan was vomit inducing, but he was off his head on acid and beer. He was nearly fired over it, I was in the clear as I had gotten out of dodge pretty easy.
Holger who was a baker/confectioner worked the next day still coming down off of the acid, the boss called me over at one point to show me a cake he was trying to cut on the buffet, the biscuit base had been put into the top of the cake and he was unable to get the cake knife into the cake to cut a slice, normally the bottom is biscuit, hence the name base......he had built the cake upside down....I nearly rolled around laughing.
I didn't know that Holger was on acid the night before when we were in the pub, he was there with his crazy friend Fokker, who we also lost that night on the way home, man we were a mess. I remember the two guys down on their hands and knees in the pub looking for some hash that one of them had dropped, they were asking people to move so they could look under their feet for their lump of hash....crazy dudes.

Holger never really was the same after that trip, I reckon he blew a few cells that night and he ruptured a few things that never would be quite right again, nice guy, but he lost it eventually.

Some of my worst munchies have been sardines in mustard sauce, potted meat with cucumbers, and of course bagel bites. You just can't go wrong with those.

beerloaf

Back