Drunken Idiots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccs1676

Reaction score
Just wanted to tell a story about a couple people that turned into drunks after drinking too much. I'm sure many of you have dealt with these kinds of people many times, and I would love to hear your stories.

Last saturday a group of us met at a local brewery at 2pm that had an anniversary party. $5 for a free pint glass which they fill 3 times. Great beer. Well, I think I had 5 pints of so, but no worries, because I did not drive there or back, I had the designated driver thing all worked out. After getting back, I still had to drive 5 miles or so down the road somewhere else, but I think I waited a bit before I did that.

After the brewery thing, I had arranged to host some sort of impromptu bbq party at my girl's place and invited most of the group from the brewery. I stopped at the local grocery store and got a 12 pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest and other bbq foodstuffs. Got to my girl's, and got ready for the people to come over. I also had some Newcastle, Full Sail pale ale, and other fine brew there.

The people start filing in, and I am serving people beers left and right, getting them a new beer as soon as they finish the one they are drinking. I also serve some of my first homebrew, which turned out great!!! This gathering also served as somewhat of a bachelor party for one of the guys that was getting married the next week (actually tomorrow). Pretty lame bachelor party, no chicks or anything.

I cooked up some burgers on the grill and everyone ate. Everyone is enjoying themselves in the hot tub and whatnot, and before you know it, it's about 10pm or so.

So the two drunks. They are there, drinking and having a good time as well. One of them actually was asking my girl if she needed a massage. She said her shoulder was hurting and she was rubbing it, etc. And this drunken drunk had the nerve to ask her that, right in front of me!! Luckily, I am the kind of guy that doesn't flip out over something like this, so I let her handle it. I have also known this guy for a while and knew he was harmless. But apparently I did tell him to get the hell back. Some time passes, and the guy getting married leaves, followed soon thereafter by drunk number two and pretty much everyone else. I think I mention to drunk number one that I think he should crash on the couch, so I find his keys and take them.

I walk into the bedroom to get ready for bed, and look out the window to see the drunk stumbling around on the back patio, trying to look at his phone. Sh*t!!! He is pretty wasted. I go out there and explain to him that he should stay here tonight. All of a sudden, he turns around and dives into the pool, with all his clothes on. He gets out, and I tell him that before he comes inside, he has to take off his clothes and dry off, and I even bring him some dry clothes. I can't seem to get through to him that I am not letting him in before he dries off and I have to stand there for like 10 minutes or so before he agrees to do it. I think he gets pissed off at me at one point because I think I tried to record how drunk he was with my phone, in an attempt to set him straight and do what I was telling him to. This was not the first time I had to deal with this guy being so drunk. So frustrating. I was pretty damn drunk myself, but I never seem to get out of control drunk anymore, no matter how much I drink.

So eventually, he changes clothes, comes inside and makes it to the bathroom. I go to the bedroom, and then I hear some noises coming from the bathroom after a while. I go over and look under the door and see his head lying on the floor. He was passed out. So I went to bed.

The next morning I realized he could have knocked his head on something, but he was awake and thanked me for everything and then went home. We found some chunks in the sink so apparently had puked. So that was drunk number one.

My friend had to deal with drunk number two. My friend agreed to give him a ride home but half way there the drunk wanted to go downtown and drive all around. After a while my friend just couldn't stand it anymore and kicked the guy out of the car. So I can only imagine the frustration he had to deal with too.

It's really annoying that people get so drunk like that, where they are just un-manageable. I guess it was partly my fault, as I was serving beers nonstop.

Anybody have any similar stories?

I used to have a buddy like that. Didn't matter if the group was going out for one beer or having a party, he got about ten times drunker than anyone else around. By the end of the night he would be belligerent and try to start fights with anything that moved. Granted he could barely stand and was no threat to anyone but himself.

It got to the point that his 5 good friends including myself told him that we all had enough and if he did it again we would cut ties. Well it only took him 4 hours to loose his only friends. This all happened 6 years ago and he recently "friended" me on facebook, I looked at all of his pictures and every single one of them was him being drunk or at least holding a drink.

We tried to get him help, we all took him to the side one at a time over the course of a month and offered to go to the meetings with him, and we even told him that whoever he picked as his sponsor would quit drinking too so he wouldn't feel left out. We even went so far as to not have or go to a party as a group where alcohol would be served and he would either show up drunk or leave us to go drink.

Some people can't be helped and being a babysitter to a grown man is absolutely no fun. We def had some good times but those are outweighed by all the bad. To be honest even when looking at his pics I dont miss him.

Hah, no offense man, but that was lame. If that's the worst thing a drunk person has done to you, then I am jealous. Try looking in the bathroom mirror at your own nosebone sticking out of your face. Plenty more stories too.

Yeah it's kinda weird trying to figure out whether or not to answer his emails, texts, etc. The bad thing is that he lives on my parents street so he sees me drive by every now and then. However, it's not that big of a deal yet. My parents have banned him already from their place after one of the drunken episodes.

Hah, no offense man, but that was lame. If that's the worst thing a drunk person has done to you, then I am jealous. Try looking in the bathroom mirror at your own nosebone sticking out of your face. Plenty more stories too.

Nope, the worst thing a drunk person has done to me is slam into the back of me and totaled my car.

er... I used to live in an apartment with housemates who were members of the local "goth" community.

While my housemates were nice folks (the intellectual/tech geek goths who like to wear dark clothing, drink expensive booze, and smoke clove cigarettes) - the friends of their friends could be a nightmare.

One such party involved an underage gal (she was 19) who got trashed and was running around in the middle of the street at 2am, screaming.

At the same party, there was a threesom (2 gals, 1 guy) getting bizzay on the front porch (thankfully we were on the second floor, and it was kind of hard to see much)

I had to be the grownup and round up both sets of drunks and get them indoors, and into various rooms where they could effectively "chill out" before we got them home.

Being the grownup really sucks sometimes.

Back