Drunk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you currently drunk?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Enjoying a few here along with a couple of good stogies. I'd like to get loaded, but I have PT before work in the morning.

Haven't had a drop tonight. It's the first day of my vacation, so I'm a bit surprised myself. I guess I know I have a bunch of BIG drinking days on the way.

I'm a little buzzed after a few of my sneaky good brown ales. They don't contain all that much alcohol (~ 4.8) but they are smoooooooooth man and that makes it easy to drink a little too much sometimes. Crack one. Read the paper and before you know it the glass is empty. Grab another and that ones gone too. Dang that stuff is good! Goes down real easy. An IPA or big stout might have a whole lot more alcohol and more kick, but its the smooth ones that will sneak up on you. My secret? Not really a secret and kinda cheating I sometimes think: malt-dextrin powder in the boil, medium low alcohol and a nice polite finish.

We just finished up all the christmas shopping tonight, so I wish I was. After dealing with all those people, and lines...:mad:
But then I realize I have to work tomorrow, too... (or today if you are reading this Orfy!) I'm keeping it reasonable.

I stood in line for 2 hours to see Santa last night. By the time we got to him, it was 9:15 and Miles was exhausted. The pictured was terrible.

I had 2 martinis when I got home.

Had an Alaskan Winter Ale, a pint of Brown and a glass of Williams Egg Nog last night, good buzz but not drunk. Drunk ain't fun any more.

Saw an article from Florida where a jolly fat guy with red shirt & a beard got tossed out of Disney World for imitating Santa.

I had to consider this poll from a historical perspective since it's 8a now. When you originally posted I wasn't drunk but seriously hung over from a Wed night party.

Hung Over like Nader would have been an excellent option to choose from!

Nah, I'm at work now, but tonight is our work Christmas party. At my job it's considered a breach of etiquette to NOT get drunk at the Christmas party.
If you work in transportation it's mandatory to drink to keep your sanity.

Cheesefood said:
Are you or arent you?

I can honestly say I'm feeling good right now, and it is your fault, Santa.

Currently drinking the Vanilla ale, just finished the 80 shilling ale. This is not too much for me normally, but with all the SWMBO/baby demands lately I'm exhausted.

I like to drink a commercial example of the style I currently have in the works, so I went looking for a Hefeweizen last night and the closest thing I could find was Blue Moon (a Wit, I know...still wheat in it!)

I hadn't had a Blue Moon in awhile and they were going down real smooth, noting the corriander and orange peel, taking mental notes, beer after beer after beer.:drunk:

So, yeah, I got pretty plowed last night. I don't always like Blue Moon, but they tasted good last night!

:cross:

On a side note, corriander doesn't taste quite so nice when you burp it up at 8 in the morning...:(

Spyk'd said:
On a side note, corriander doesn't taste quite so nice when you burp it up at 8 in the morning...:(
No kidding - my Christmas brew was a wit, and I got plowed on the stuff last weekend. Not a good flavor to wake up to.

Tonight - making up for last - bordering on hammered. I need to empty a keg before Christmas day so I can carb up my step-dad's present for his 60'th.

It's gonna be a race between Cherry Wit an Apfelwein!!

Back