Drunk Dial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWESOME reminds me of the girl I work with. She always leaves drunk messages on my phone of random ****. My wife can' t stand her, but she has no clue.

I've never drunk dialed. However, once my sleep schedule got all messed up and the Dr. gave me Ambien to get it back on track. Nothing happened so I took an extra one. Should have waited a little longer for the first to kick in. In addition to eating some crazy stuff I was told I made some odd calls to random people.

TxBrew said:
I've never drunk dialed. However, once my sleep schedule got all messed up and the Dr. gave me Ambien to get it back on track. Nothing happened so I took an extra one. Should have waited a little longer for the first to kick in. In addition to eating some crazy stuff I was told I made some odd calls to random people.

HaHaHa! Phone calls from a stoned TxBrew. How fun is that! :p

When out with a certain buddy, I have to play the drunk dialing police. He'll tell 8 different girls in one night that he wants to get married, he's not seeing anyone else, blah, blah, blah. Whatever they want to hear, he'll tell them.

Then he spends the next day doing damage control and lying some more. I personally don't have that kind of energy or patience to keep all that straight. If I'm drunk dialing, I'm calling SWMBO to come pick me up. That's about it.

Another friend of mine who's in the military thought it would be fun to call this girl he was kinda seeing and have ME tell her that he'd been shot! Not shot dead, but enough that it required a hospital stay. It sounded like a good idea at the time. I think she was on the Olympic Taekwondo team too or something like that. I'm sure there was hell to pay when he got back to that part of the country.

TxBrew said:

SWMBO got perscribed some ambien a while back. It really messes her up, just one pill.:drunk:

I tend to drunk dial my old Navy buddies and they think that it is funny, mostly because they do the same thing. I don't have many women to drunk dial. kinda sad i know but what do you do.

Cheers

SWMBO makes me call my twin sister in another state when we're standing around drinking Cuervo shots all night. It's not a bad thing though, my sister is usually drinking too, but if she's not, she puts up with me. She also calls me drunk too.

My worst drunk dialing is when I call some sort of customer service number. For instance when my Internet service has crapped out on me, or my favorite is when I get one of those telemarketer calls where they hang up on you when you answer. I use the caller ID and call them back, and I'm pretty sure there are FCC laws prohibiting the language I use with them. Serves them right though, calling me right when they know we're right in the middle of a bottle. :mug:

Nope, never drunk dialed.

When I saw this thread I thought some one was asking for a new feature. A little drunkness indicator you set to warn readers how buzzed/honest you were when posting :)

I have a couple of trusted friends I can drunk dial at will. My favorite is Emma, who is an old friend and British, so is usually deep in her cups as well. Her husband gets a bit annoyed, probably, but knows enough to keep his mouth shut. We usually end up squealing with laughter.

It's a good thing.

I had a drunk dial land my ass in court once. One night at a bar someone used my phone to call someone I will refer to as D. They dialed the phone & handed it to me. I was wasted, but knew enuf to look & see who was being called. Let me just say that D is about as crazy/insane as they come, and the # was only in my phone so I would know not to answer when D called. I hung up immediately & D called right back demanding to know whom had called.

I pretended to be a recruiter working for an agency in D's profession. I merely stated that D's# had been randomly called & routed to my phone--luck of the draw or something like that. I didn't offer anything fraudulent, I merely suggested D check out the company's website & see if there were any jobs D would be interested in taking. It's a totally legit website w/ lots of job listings.

Again, I offered nothing but a website to explore. Everybody at the bar thought it was frickin hilarious.

D called me about 5 times more that night trying to catch me in a lie, and I stuck to the telemarketer-recruiter thing like glue. I even changed the voicemail message on my phone in case I missed a call. Quite honestly it got pretty annoying. Constant phone calls asking the same stupid questions day and f-ing night. In case you haven't picked up on it yet, D isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box.

Anyhow, one afternoon D calls and I've had enough. It went kinda like this:

Me: Yeah?!! (as rudely as possible)
D: Bob???
ME: YYYuupp
D: If you ever---( I hung up)

D called a few more times to chew my ass, and each time I hung up. I was glad to be done with it.

About a month later uniformed officers came to visit me at work, serving me my court papers for "adult abuse and stalking." That's right I said at work, in front of all my coworkers. That was a fun one to explain.

A week later I'm having thanksgiving dinner w/ my parents & there is a knock at the door. This time it was the sheriff's department. I was served with exact duplicates of the same paperwork, this time in front of my entire family. Apparently there was some dispute as to which branch of law enforcement was more appropriate to serve me papers.

Mind you I only called this freak one time. And I didn't even dial the phone. I wasn't peddling falsehoods or promising jobs that didn't exist, I was simply saying, "Hey, have a look at this website."

The court date came, and I showed up in a suit w/ my phone records in hand. That (insert profanity here) wasn't going to take me easily.

The judge was a woman, so I really felt like I was screwed. People hear those words "adult abuse", and they just assume you're at fault.

Lucky me, D didn't show up for our court date. Are you kidding me??? WTF??? After all of the public humiliation & embarrassment I went thru, this person, (I use the term loosely), didn't even have the brass to show up in court.:mad:

Long story short, if some A-hole ever grabs my phone again and starts dialing, I'm gonna go Chuck Norris on their ass.

Last night, my ex (with whom I have not spoken in over 3 years) calls my phone shortly after midnight (New Year's Eve). I was not unprepared, however, as he'd called twice and texted once on Xmas.

This time, I simply handed the phone to my current husband, who is a rather gorilla-shaped, cigar-chewing New Yorker.

And the fun began.

Howard (Hubby) answers: "Can I help you?"

Pusboy (ex): "Uh, is Jill there?"

Howard: "Jill? No. I don' know any Jill."

Pusboy: "Are you sure? This is her..."

Howard: "Am I sure? Am I sure?! Yeah, ****head, I think I'm sure. This is my phone. Somthin' you want me for?"

Pusboy: "Uh, I'm trying to get a hold of Jill."

Howard: "Do I ****in' sound like "Jill"? Whaddarya, gay or something? 'Cause I'm not."

Pusboy: "No, God no! I'm not gay..."

Howard: "Well, you're soundin' a little gay to me, tryin' to reach some ex-girlfriend and you've not even got her number or something. You're starting to bother me."

Pusboy: "Well..."

<click> Howard hangs up.

Now you begin to see why I love him.

:ban:

Virtuous said:
When I saw this thread I thought some one was asking for a new feature. A little drunkness indicator you set to warn readers how buzzed/honest you were when posting :)
I think that's a splendid idea...I'd like to see a little meter about the size of a smily that would range from: "I'm Sober", "I'm buzzed", "I'm too druck to type, so I'll just hit post", and finally "I'm so druck I coud dink BMC!"

PS. I'm just gonna hit post now.

I used to be horrible with drunk dialing. I haven't done it in a long time though.

One day, I was so po'd from work that I came home, and got completely blasted off a bottle of Jack Daniels. I completely blacked out, looked at my phone the next morning, and realized I called work (there were people working there all night). I had no recollection of this. I knew a buddy of mine was working earlier that day, so I called him up at work to see if I ended up quitting my job. Thankfully, I didn't, I just called in. I honestly don't think I've drunk dialed since.

shortly after my divorce, about 2 years ago, i decided to play at the less fortunate end of the pond. they are quick and easy dont require much money being spent on them, i know im a pig. i used to go downtown and get rocked every night at the bar a few of my buddies worked at. we would close the bar down, and since you cant sell alcohol after 2am here, all my drinks were free from that point on.

about 4am is when it would start, drunk dialing/hunting. first one that would answer is where i would end up for about 15 minutes then go home. best part is the black outs so i dont think i remembered the worst of it! :)

but damn karma wouldnt leave me alone because they all drunk dialed me too! WTF!

Some funny stories here. I don't have any good ones but I've definitely drunk dialed and been drunk dialed. Not so much anymore...

APendejo said:
Last time I dialed druke I ended up married to my ex-wife again. Dohhhhhh.
AP

You win.
worshippy.gif

If I'm drunk enough to not have the sense to refrain from calling someone I know and talking sh*t I shouldn't, then I'm also probably too drunk to make the call in the first place. So...the only "drunk dialing" I've done was when I was in college, my roommates and I would watch some teevee late at night after we'd been drinking all night, and some stupud infomercial would come on, and so we'd call and assume some identity (I was always best as the trailer trash) and put these idiot operators over for like 30 minutes or more. It was really hard to get them to hang up on you. Our favorite was Carlton Sheetz's bullsh*t home-flipper seminar thing. "I want the ceeedeeees! Gimme the ceeedeeeees!" I think we made one of the operators cry one time.

rdwj said:
That CAN'T be a one sentence story!!! Please elaborate!!
Ok, I got married when I was 21. Was married for 2 years. I was in the Army and got stationed overseas and everything just sort of turned to ****. Came back to the states and got divorced. It was amicable, no drama, no hard feelings. We stayed in touch.
Forward to a couple of years later, I was in town where my ex was and had been drinking and partying with some old friends and they were telling me how the ex was always talking good about me. Thought I would try to hit her up for a booty call. Ended up married to her again after a couple of months. Seems we both had matured quite a bit.:drunk: :confused:
AP

APendejo said:
Ok, I got married when I was 21. Was married for 2 years. I was in the Army and got stationed overseas and everything just sort of turned to ****. Came back to the states and got divorced. It was amicable, no drama, no hard feelings. We stayed in touch.
Forward to a couple of years later, I was in town where my ex was and had been drinking and partying with some old friends and they were telling me how the ex was always talking good about me. Thought I would try to hit her up for a booty call. Ended up married to her again after a couple of months. Seems we both had matured quite a bit.:drunk: :confused:
AP

That's funny. Glad you guys got back together...:mug:

Back