druck meets girl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beta pleated sheet

Reaction score
wow...have you ever noticed how when you're high, and then you go back home, you feel less high, but when you're druck and alone, you feel drucker? Yeah. I had a pint and a half of HB before heading out to a party, and then I had a whole lot of dark rum. Why is that the dark liquors that wreck you the most the next day?

Anyway, the point of this is that shy, reclusive, Beta went to a party, flirted with girls, and asked girls for their numbers. Congratulate the Beta, this doesn't happen much. But you know what does happen a lot? Beta refering to herself in 3rd person. Especially when druck, druck, druckity druck druck.

THE END

beta pleated sheet said:
It wasn't a lot of beer!

Anyway, only light rum sucks.

For some reason just the smell of rum makes me sick to my stomach. I dont know what it is about it though, but if you put a 5th of Beam in front of me Ill drink it till its gone.

beta pleated sheet said:
Anyway, the point of this is that shy, reclusive, Beta went to a party, flirted with girls...

Flirting with girls is fun...

But you know what does happen a lot? Beta refering to herself in 3rd person.

Herself? The only thing funner than flirting with girls is watching other girls flirting with girls...

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Now that's a good night. :)

And rum is your friend.

And I'm on antibiotics, so I can't spend time with my friend rum. :( But a couple more days and all bets are off!

Beta, congrats on your hunting. ;) sounds like you did well.

Sir Humpsalot said:
Flirting with girls is fun...

Herself? The only thing funner than flirting with girls is watching druck girls flirting with other druck girls...

There, fixed that for ya.

Beta, you may be off in your cups, but on a scale from 0 to zul'jin, you're somewhere just below Yooper. When she's out of it, jer tyeping tursn to carp just a lil.

I'm also jealous because I want to go to a party and flirt with girls too! Instead I'm stuck here at work.

Bernie Brewer said:
nuh-uh. Booze on Beer, you're in the clear, Beer on Booze, you lose!

And rum= yum!

Nah, yer both wrong....
Liquor before beer- never fear. Beer before liquor- never sicker.

beta pleated sheet said:
Anyway, the point of this is that shy, reclusive, Beta went to a party, flirted with girls, and asked girls for their numbers.
Damn it woman! Don't leave us hanging!
Did......you.......take........someone..........home??
Full details please. :tank:

Boston said:
Nah, yer both wrong....
Liquor before beer- never fear. Beer before liquor- never sicker.

No, no no! Beer after liquor makes you sicker, liquor before beer, you're in the clear!

And Beta- hows the hangover today? Hopefully not too bad!!!!

Fingers said:
Damn it woman! Don't leave us hanging!
Did......you.......take........someone..........home??
Full details please. :tank:
No, not this time.

I feel fine now. Woke up feeling a little icky, but lots of water and a granola bar fixed that. Though, the sun woke me up at about seven, and I was pretty sure I still felt buzzed. Then I went back to sleep.

Yeh I can relate. Fri night I went out to the local (good) bar for some carousing with old coworkers in celebration of the new job. Had 4 pints of Newcastle, 2 pints of Harp, a pint of Isolation Ale, two pints of Powder Hound, a bottle of Yeti Imperial Stout, a bottle of Odell Imperial Stout, and ..... uh.... I forgot the last one, but one more bottle. (Should've ate dinner, that was my mistake... instead, I consumed the aforementioned on an empty stomach, and went to bed sans-dinner too.... That could have expedited my recovery significantly. Or a toke to settle me. Or something.)

Probably (Probably?) shouldn't have driven home, thank jeebus I installed the auto-pilot module in my truck...... Against the odds, made it home safe and sound. The hangover still isn't gone. Spent all day yesterday loathing my existence, was still feeling ill last night... still feel like I was hit by a Mack truck this morning, and we're at 36+ hours now....

And now I have to go be a beer judge today. My life is so difficult. :)

On the topic of higher proof beverages, I'm a fan of Mr. Daniels, and I was at the store the other night, not being an EAC type person of whiskey, I saw the good ol bottle I'm used to, then I saw the Gentleman Jack and the Single Barrel. (all being more expensive) I read the labels but it didn't really say much. So does anyone know why one is better than the other.

Rum is good when mixed with coke. I have only once ask for rum & coke, it was at a bar where I met my future wife. 17 years later, .... I'm glad she likes my beer!:)
drinking that is!:p

chriso said:
Yeh I can relate. Fri night I went out to the local (good) bar for some carousing with old coworkers in celebration of the new job. Had 4 pints of Newcastle, 2 pints of Harp, a pint of Isolation Ale, two pints of Powder Hound, a bottle of Yeti Imperial Stout, a bottle of Odell Imperial Stout, and ..... uh.... I forgot the last one, but one more bottle. (Should've ate dinner, that was my mistake... instead, I consumed the aforementioned on an empty stomach, and went to bed sans-dinner too.... That could have expedited my recovery significantly. Or a toke to settle me. Or something.)

Probably (Probably?) shouldn't have driven home, thank jeebus I installed the auto-pilot module in my truck...... Against the odds, made it home safe and sound. The hangover still isn't gone. Spent all day yesterday loathing my existence, was still feeling ill last night... still feel like I was hit by a Mack truck this morning, and we're at 36+ hours now....

And now I have to go be a beer judge today. My life is so difficult. :)

Dude! You make me miss my youth!
Can I be you in my next life?:D

YooperBrew said:
No, no no! Beer after liquor makes you sicker, liquor before beer, you're in the clear!

Ehh, isn't beer after liquor the same thing as liquor before beer? ;)

It's liquor before beer, in the clear. Beer before liquor, never sicker. Of course, there are exceptions. I'd never go on a barleywine bender after a bourbon and martini night. :D

SwAMi75 said:
It's liquor before beer, in the clear. Beer before liquor, never sicker.
While this is true for many of us, I think the reality goes something like this:

A few strong liquor drinks will spin one into quite a druck. Recognizing that continuing to consume stiff cocktails will not have pleasant results, one switches to sipping beer. That keeps the happy buzz going, and a glass of water before bed will ease any morning after-effects.

On the contrary...if one starts the evening with a few beers, it's easy to become convinced that having a few shots might be fun. A few shots later, drinking straight bourbon, scotch, or a strong gin/vodka tonic sounds nice. Since this person was already slightly inebriated before making the switch, all reason quickly went out the window, and severe intoxication resulted. The following morning is never pleasant.

Mmm. Tanqueray and tonic will make a great recovery drink tonight. Thanks for the idea, Yuri. I forgot I had that bottle up there. :fro:

Yuri_Rage said:
While this is true for many of us, I think the reality goes something like this:

A few strong liquor drinks will spin one into quite a druck. Recognizing that continuing to consume stiff cocktails will not have pleasant results, one switches to sipping beer. That keeps the happy buzz going, and a glass of water before bed will ease any morning after-effects.

On the contrary...if one starts the evening with a few beers, it's easy to become convinced that having a few shots might be fun. A few shots later, drinking straight bourbon, scotch, or a strong gin/vodka tonic sounds nice. Since this person was already slightly inebriated before making the switch, all reason quickly went out the window, and severe intoxication resulted. The following morning is never pleasant.

I don't think that rhymes. You're right, BUT it doesn't rhyme, and the meter is all off.

Good for you Beta, I hope your judgment wasn't too impaired though. I've gone back and met a few that I got numbers from druck, and later they weren't nearly as hot as I thought when I had "goggles" on.

Drink plenty of h2o before you crash.

EvilTOJ said:
Yea that was the worst poem ever. Almost as bad as Vogon poetry.
OOh I love DNA references! What kinda brew do you think he drank?

They are not going to give up the picture thing until they find out what you look like. I mean you did tell a bunch of dirty minded, beer drinking guys, that you got smashed and were hitting on other girls.

g_rath said:
They are not going to give up the picture thing until they find out what you look like. I mean you did tell a bunch of dirty minded, beer drinking guys, that you got smashed and were hitting on other girls.
impaired judgment ftw

If Beta wasn't into women I would ask her if she had a little captain in her. But I already know the answer to that one. Rum is good.

This thread just reminded me how long it's been since I had a bottle of Pyrat rum. Although, I don't really like straight spirits, so I take it in cola mixers.

The only stuff I can really do straight up is Jagermeister and Phillips Root 100. Unfortunately both are expensive.

Back