Dropping the kids off at the pool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmfa200

Reaction score
Just thought some of you might get a kick out of what I've done to make the deed a little more enjoyable.

DSCN0806.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0812.jpg

Nope. I'm married. For 17 years.
I got a lot of resistance from the wife but I stuck to my guns.
Turns out see loves it, and uses it more than I do.
She uses it a lot when getting ready for work.
It has powered speakers so she can watch, and hear the TV while showering.
You can watch through the mirror while standing at the vanity
I couldn't keep the kids from using our bathroom for the longest time.

I wish there was a good way to set that kind of thing up in our main bathroom. But I suspect it would turn out to be a good way to get hemorrhoids.

That may help with potty training. Put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and let 'er rip.

Who won that heat game? Looks like a close one!

JK, sweet rig ya got there. Is it a weatherproof tv or is it just completely sealed from the bathroom?

I got my boss who is a machinist to make the panel to my specs.
I used 1/8" 6061-T6 Aluminum.
The 19" Viewsonic LCD is protected by a glass panel.
It is not completely sealed, but can't be. It generates heat and it's in a closed space.
I have it vented on the back side, which is my closet.

I have the same toilets. BTW, I'm glad you enjoy your TV, but I'm the kind of guy to just do my business and get out. I never understood people spending 20 minutes or longer in there. What are you doing for that long of a time? What are you eating?

I would just want one in the shower so I could watch sportscenter every morning. I am content just reading while taking care of other business.

I have the same toilets. BTW, I'm glad you enjoy your TV, but I'm the kind of guy to just do my business and get out. I never understood people spending 20 minutes or longer in there. What are you doing for that long of a time? What are you eating?

Do you have kids? Where else are you going to get some quiet time?

I think it would be great when you are watching something on TV but need to pee and don't want to miss anything. If I am drinking beer I make several trips there and if I am watching a movie for instance I often miss key scenes and sometimes have a hard time keeping track of what is going on. I hate it when I am watching a game and I am in the bathroom peeing and I hear the crowd go wild I know I am missing something I want to see. Ever try to rush a pee, doesn't work well. :D

I think it would be great when you are watching something on TV but need to pee and don't want to miss anything. If I am drinking beer I make several trips there and if I am watching a movie for instance I often miss key scenes and sometimes have a hard time keeping track of what is going on. I hate it when I am watching a game and I am in the bathroom peeing and I hear the crowd go wild I know I am missing something I want to see. Ever try to rush a pee, doesn't work well. :D

Perhaps you've heard of these?

dvr-system.jpg

Perhaps you've heard of these?

dvr-system.jpg

I don't want to have to go back and see what I missed I would rather catch it while I am watching it. I do have one, rarely use it though since I am usually home for the programs I want to watch.

I have a friend who installed a flat screen monitor in his bathroom so he could continue to play poker when on the throne. He was single and his setup looked and felt a lot more ghetto than yours. Watching the game when crapping just feels so natural. I used to angle the tv in my old living room so I could watch it with the door open...

For the guys whose wives are against the idea, just slap a dvd player in there with some cool and relaxing rainforest images and you'll be set. Or install the thing when she is away.

That's awesome! Do you have any pictures of the installation? Does it fit right in between the studs, or do you have to frame a header, does it require access from the backside? It looks to me like the screen was manufactured for a recessed wall installation like that. Very cool.

That's awesome! Do you have any pictures of the installation? Does it fit right in between the studs, or do you have to frame a header, does it require access from the backside? It looks to me like the screen was manufactured for a recessed wall installation like that. Very cool.

Here are some additional pics
It is framed in between studs and top and bottom.
As you can see i have the electric and cable coming in from the attic. I just pulled power from an existing circuit.
I got my boss who is a machinist to make the panel to my specs.
I used 1/8" 6061-T6 Aluminum.
It's a 19" Viewsonic LCD protected by a glass panel. It is clamped to the bezel with Aluminum straps. Sorry, can't find those pics.
It generates heat and it's in a closed space, so I have it vented on the back wall which is the closet.
Total cost was about $400
I've looked at commercial units like this and the cheapest I could find one for was $1000

037.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

Nice! I'd love to do something like that but SWMBO won't even let me install a urinal :mad:

She just gave me the "dear god I married an idiot" look. I thought it was a great idea. Like most of us guys my aim gets progressively worse depending how many beers I've had. It would solve that problem completely. I didn't even want it in the living room, I wanted it in the garage where I spend most of my time. Although having it in the living room would be awesome! Right between the computer desk and beer fridge. Heaven....

Back