dropped a 4 inch piece of tube into carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
i dropped a 4inch piece of sanitized tube into the carboy and wont be able to get it out...is it going to produce any off flavors or anything?

No, it'll be fine. I've dropped things like rubber stoppers, and the rubber grommet (from the lid on the ale pail) in the wort, without any problems.

What were you doing when you dropped in the tubing, though? Inquiring minds want to know!

i was trying to use the tube to get the wort from the brew pot to the carboy using the spigot but the tube was wide

i was trying to use the tube to get the wort from the brew pot to the carboy using the spigot but the tube was wide

Ah! That makes sense. I don't have any small pieces of tubing around, so I couldn't picture how that could have happened.

Trust me, though- it'll be fine.

I've dropped stirbars into primaries more times than I care to admit. :drunk:

did that 2 or 3 times now when i take the flast off the stirplate i use a fridge magnet to hold the stirbar on the side, and have not send a single stirbar in to the carboys yet. Now watch me do it latter on today. :snark:

You need a Stir Bar Retriever

b_l_stir_retriever.jpg

Latest posts

Back