Drip Trays!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
$80-$100... Just when I thought I was getting close to finishing with my kegerator setup I looked up the prices and was a bit shocked. I kind of knew they were a little expensive but thought I could find something cheap to put on but I'm not really finding what I want here.
I really wanted something that would wrap around my two tap 3in tower on top of my kegerator but those might all be too expensive. I wouldn't mind if it was plastic though.
What are the alternative homemade trays people have used for surface mounting to a kegerator?

that drip tray from barproducts is too long (I could only find one). It looks like it would be better for a keezer. I've just got a two tap 3in tower on top of a Danby Minifridge.
So for it looks like the only wrap around (molded) trays are going to go for 80-100. My brithday is coming up, maybe I should just send SWMBO an e-mail with a link but i'd still rather build something myself. i think I'll check the thrift store for old coffee/espresso makers, those have drip trays that might work.

I use a smoker box from Home Depot-11 bucks. I just sealed up all the edges with silicone. Although I am not sure you could surface mount it.

I just receive my $12 ebay specials today they are 8" long 4" wide and 3/4" thick.

not sure if any are left, but I posted an add in the classified section.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/2-ebay-drip-trays-8x5x-75-12-75-a-222890/

Edit: the seller is all out, but search ebay for odd sized ones I scored BIG time.

-=jason=-

also he's looking for surface mounted ones that sit on top of the keezer for a tower of coffin

Its going under these taps instead of the plate. Also, thats just a temp install. The plastic top still needs to be added. Under the plastic top will be a 5/16th thick plywood to anchor it onto.
2517-img-2412.jpg

I bought almost the exact same thing for about half the price from Here

I was a little skeptical because they were so cheap. But Google shopping gave them good ratings.
My total was $12.76 shipped for two of them.

How do you clean them if they are glued to the top? or how to you secure them to the top?

Mine are just sitting on top of a nonskid drawer liner I cut to match the shape of them. Tthey dont move around at all and are easy to just wash in the sink. Plus they dont really get that dirty. I do my best to let the glass sit under the tap for 10-15 seconds after Im done pouring.

Back