Drip Tray Height on my Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_ozz68

Reaction score
I'm ready to attach my drip tray to my keezer and was wondering if there is a standard measurement that it should be below the faucets? I know that many drip trays are one piece with the holes in the back splash for the shanks can someone please tell me what the measurement is from the center of the shank holes to the top of the drip tray?

Also, has anyone tried to use the 3m adhesive strips like these to mount a drip tray on the front of a keezer? They say that it will hold 5 pounds, I think I might give them a try.

61EUgVDHdeL.jpg
[/IMG]

I have not had a great experience with those hooks. I've never used em on a trip tray. I tend to be very conservative on the trip trays as somebody might not think it's a trip "tray" but a shelf to hold your beer.

i used 3M automotive double sided tape. Its used to fit bumpers on prior to securing with bolts. It could hold the weight of a full pitcher. Make sure to install the strips vertically for max stregth.

I would just put ur standard glasses, pitchers, growlers, etc that u would want to fill and make sure whatever height u put it at allows u to fill any of ur vessels.

I've read a lot about people using rare earth magnets to stick their trays on the front of their keezers.

I did a 12" coffin box with an 8.5" tap clearance on my trashcan-o-rator build... It really depends upon the biggest glass you want to be able to put under the tap...

I don't know if I'd go with those 3Ms or not. My wife hung some plates up in the kitchen using those strips and they took the paint off when they fell (fortunately nothing broke). It might bond better to a keezer but I'd test it out first. Good luck.

I found my tallest glass and left 3" clearance. I used 90 degree angle brackets and JB welded those suckers on. The drip pans just sit freely on top of the brackets so I can simply lift them off to throw them in the dishwasher.

I sit full beers on my pans all the time with no worries what-so-ever.

Thanks for the input so far. I had already cut two wedges out of the same 1X6 that I used for the collar, that I was going to liquid nails onto the front of the keezer for the tray to sit on. Then when taking down our Christmas decorations I got the idea for using these strips. We use one of these hooks to hold up a giant wreath in our house every year without a problem so I thought it might work for the tray.

So it sounds like there really isn't a "standard" for the height of the tray. I think I will go about 10" from the center of my shanks to the top of the tray, that should leave me plenty of room for most glasses that I would use.

Thanks!!

Well I must say the 3m adhesive strips worked better then I had hoped. The strips were almost the perfect length for my back splash (I trimmed about a quarter inch from the top of each strip) the quick removal tabs are just peeking out the bottom of the tray if I ever need to remove them and they seem as solid as if I used liquid nails to attach them! My drip tray is only 6 inches so I just used two strips. I'm sure with a longer drip tray it would work just as well by adding a few more strips. Here are some pics.

Keezer3.jpg

keezer1.jpg

And with 2 full bottles of beer on it.

Keezer4.jpg

Back