Drinking the whole bottle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcfzx2

Reaction score
I read you should not drink the entire bottle of home brew because the yeast will give you the runs. Not one to waste beer I have been pouring more and more of my home brew into the glass now I have been drinking the whole thing with no ill side effects. Normal?

I have actually heard it is the best thing to take when hung over, its got some kind of vitamin that ironically alcohol depletes in your body. I think its vitamin A or B. Who knows point is keep drinkign that beer, and grub out on that yeast!

Drinking the whole bottle makes me "run" to the fridge for more beer!

If your digestive system hasn't been exposed to live yeast, you may get some intestinal distress. As you keep trying the home brewed beer, your digestive system gets accustomed to the yeast and you will be able to drink it without any problem.

Just gives me the farts, that's all. I can deal with the farts. Now if you drink a crap load of any beer say more than 8 12oz bottles, it will give you the runs.

+1 on needing to be used to it.

Pouring in the yeast can lead to a harsh, yeasty flavor (well, duh) but if your gi tract has had a chance to acclimate to live beer, you can probably handle it. I don't think I'd do that if I were pouring a glass for someone who'd never had homebrew before though.

The farts is for newbs who are not use to the yeast.It goes away after a bit. Ive seen it in kit instructions about "watch out youll get nasty beer farts" It can change the taste if you swirl and pour the last 2/3 and clairity of course but is high in b vitamins and this type of bottle conditoned beer is actually recommended to drink with alot of wholististic health practicionars. Sally Fallon is who kind of got me started on unpasterized beer.Actually it was raw milk which led me to bottle conditoned beer first. Ive since learned about how the steriliity and pasterized food we eat is actually harmfull to our intestinal health which makes us weak and vaunerable to bad health and disease.In a sense you need good bacteria and along with some "dirt" to build immunity. Not saying yeast is dirt or bacteria but yeast is definatly part of a good live intestinal food.

I've done that with a live fresh bottle before without the yeast going dormant (bad juju!).. I typically now leave the little "trub" in the bottom of the bottle now..

I have actually heard it is the best thing to take when hung over, its got some kind of vitamin that ironically alcohol depletes in your body. I think its vitamin A or B. Who knows point is keep drinkign that beer, and grub out on that yeast!

I believe it's vitamin B12 that helps with hangovers. The only thing I remember from my college biology class. :mug:

It's the same thing as vegemite. How can millions of Aussies and Kiwis be wrong?
It's high in b complex vitamins and folate. It's good for you... Less good for other people in the room.

Back