Drinking straight out from fermenting keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryggAnton

Reaction score
Hey folks! I'm just woundering for curiosity sake. Have anyone tried drinking out from their fermenting keg as a final product with their beer already self carbonated/ forced carbonated?

I guess if you dont mind the yeast why not? But mabye cutting of your pickup tube a little bit.

I am having one right now that is 13 days old today that is fermed,, carbed, stays is same keg till gone. Will be perfect in a few more days. Damn good for its first day. Just started carbing a hefe and hoppy wheat. I wish that I had found out about it sooner and saved all those years of washing bottles. The method works great and saves time, effort , and nearly eliminates oxidation. Doesn't take much to try it.

Attachments

• IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 14
Yep I've done it with and without a clear beer system. Without the clear beer I found the keg never properly cleared up because there is so much yeast and stuff at the bottom.

Latest posts

Back