Drinking GaME!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't knock Alton Brown. He has gotten tons of people involved in this hobby. The beer he makes might not be award winning but i'm sure it is quite drinkable.

Really?Iv'e never heard of him,and it's great to get people into the hobby.That said.Did you watch it?He boils grains,pitches a tube of white labs from the fridge into 87 degree wort,and the list goes on.

I have watched all of the episodes including that one multiple times. Yes, it might not be right about some of the details but he gets most of the major points across. I am quite sure that it is drinkable beer and that it very well could be better than some homebrew I have had from people that supposedly did everything just as they are supposed to.

I can say that AB is the one that got me into the hobby. Yeah, he's not perfect, but at least he's not Craigtube.

I can say that AB is the one that got me into the hobby. Yeah, he's not perfect, but at least he's not Craigtube.
He also got me into espresso making. Again, he made several mistakes (which are equally harped upon on the espresso boards) but his show got me interested and involved in the process enough to learn the right ways to do things.

$2000 in equipment later...damn you AB! :D

-Joe

OK this is sorta off topic. My favorite drinking game is the Braveheart drinking game. Drink every time someone dies.

dude just poured extract into the mash with grains and turns up to full heat. WTF? SWMBO actually drank on that one, she has never watched me brew.

HaHa see what I mean?! I didn't know I was dogging on everyones hero,but damn.Then he boils it for 10 mins.

Back