Drinking First Home Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsdws

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
.....RIGHT NOW!!!!

I'm enjoying my first home brew beer ever. I put one bottle of my NB Sierra Madre in the fridge last night so I could give it a try tonight. This was the 1 gallon extract kit and it turned out great....especially if I don't get sick or anything!!

It was in primary for two weeks and bottle conditioned for two weeks and I'm not sure it could improve anymore. It's very much like Sierra Nevada and I'm very happy with it.

I'll put the rest in the fridge for the Super Bowl.

beer.jpg

Save one for a month. I mean save one for a month. Don't say that's tasty I'm going to have it. It will be conditioned just right in a month.

If you have no will power, go to 5 gallon brews.

Congrats on the first brew!!! Mines in a week or so, so I'm jealous! Savor the moment and start your next brew soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Save one for a month. I mean save one for a month. Don't say that's tasty I'm going to have it. It will be conditioned just right in a month.

If you have no will power, go to 5 gallon brews.

I can do that!! Keep it out of the fridge or chill it?

And I have my first 5 gallon brew in primary right now....a partial mash cream ale...hopefully Spotted Cow clone.

I was stranded in Medford for a day last fall after a week of grouse hunting....nice town...GM dealer was great. Unfortunate that I had to find out. LOL

Andy is right. I bet you'll be surprised how much better that last beer is in a month.

Congrats on your first batch. Brew on!

Start saving $$ for your new obsession. Before you know it you will have temp controlled chest freezers for fermentation, you will be kegging, harvesting yeast, milling your own grain etc etc etc :mug:

Congrats! Now try one out of a glass that didn't just come out of the freezer - it'll have more flavor that way :D

Thanks for the good tips guys. I'm bottling a one gallon batch of Irish Red in the morning. It's been in primary for 3 weeks. I'll let this batch bottle condition for a month.

Is there any advantage to moving the bottles to the cooler basement for any length of time after allowing a couple of weeks for carbonation?

Thanks for the good tips guys. I'm bottling a one gallon batch of Irish Red in the morning. It's been in primary for 3 weeks. I'll let this batch bottle condition for a month.

Is there any advantage to moving the bottles to the cooler basement for any length of time after allowing a couple of weeks for carbonation?

Yes. Once carbed you want to store the beer as cool as possible. Fridge would be ideal but as most of us don't have a big walk in, the basement or a cool room is the best we can do to store a few cases of beer.

If you are going to age them for a few years, it is necessary to store them in cool conditions. If you are going to drink them within a few months, you don't have to strain yourself to keep them cold. If you have some space in a cool spot, they'll keep better there, but you won't notice a big difference in the short term.

Back