Drilling the side of a Sanyo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wables

Reaction score
I have a Sanyo 4912 (I think...it is the one everyone else is converting.) that I have been using for a couple of years with taps out the front door. I ran out of CO2 last friday night and brought my 20# welding tank in for temporary service. Rather than using my 5# tank in the keggerator, I would like to keep using the 20# tank as it is much more economical. I need to drill a hole through the right side of my keggerator in the top-back to keep the tank outside and run my CO2 line into the fridge. Has anyone done this? Is there a safe place to drill?

Yea, I'd be careful drilling. I don't have that model of fridge, but I found a diagram for the one I do have, and the sides/back are covered with coils. +1 to the drain plug idea, or possibly (very carefully!) drill through the bottom into where the compressor is and run your line there. Try to find a diagram of where the lines run before you drill, or search the forums for the "cornstarch and vodka test"

I don't know if you solved this, but if it is the Sanyo 4912, you are safe to drill through the compressor hump. :mug:

For the record, I just drilled the right side of my Sanyo fridge. About 6" from the top and back. Nothing but foam. So I happily have my CO2 no in the cabinet next door freeing up the fridge clutter and giving me the space I'll need to put a dual regulator on my tank.

Back