Drilling a hole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougbo

Reaction score
I would like to drill into the back of my refrigerator (Sears model 2539035010) about halfway up the fridge a few inches from the edge to run beer lines to the beer tower in my bar. Can't find a manual or diagram of a safe spot....Any ideas? Thanks

You need to know where the electrical wires and cooling coils in your fridge are. If you can disassemble the refrigerator partially and can be sure of missing any electrical or cooling components, you can drill wherever you like. In most fridges, though, you'll be better off going through a side rather than the back.

Contact a Sears repair center and see if they'll give you some info about your model.

Drill from the INSIDE just through the plastic. Then CAREFULLY scrape away the insulation until you reach the outer wall of the fridge. The coolant lines always run between the outer wall and the insulation. If you scrape away the insulation from the inside, when you reach the outer wall you will be able to seeif there are any coolant lines in the way. If there are not, finish the hole. If there are, pick a new spot. Clear as mud, right?

How long of a line are you going to run? It seams to me that you will have to waste a lot of beer that sits in the line when you are not drinking, or when you want to clear out the line.

Back