Drew my first ever draft of my own beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sempf

Hellbranch Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After whatsitbeen ... 8 years of brewing? I finally kegged a batch of my Nice To Wheat You Ale last week.

Two questions.

The Keg Charger says "Never attach ball/pin valve to charger first!" So, I put the valve on the keg ... and all of the gas leaks out. I think "that's OK" because I am going to put more in. So I screw the charger on, and put in gas, and unscrew the charger ... and all the gas leaks out. So I realize I am an idiot, but if I can't put the charger on the valve first, and I can't put the valve on the keg first, what CAN I do?

Second. When I pull a beer, some beer stays in the line. Guess I never really thought of that. Tis OK? Won't get icky in there?

Thanks.

S

refrigerate the line. No problem.

There isn't as much beer in there as it looks like. the walls of the line are thick....

What was the question????

hmm, I connect the charger to the QD, then put the QD on the IN post...never the other way around. If you attach a QD to either post with nothing else attached it will spew either gas or beer. It probably has that warning to prevent you from attaching the QD first, then pulling the charger's trigger before you attach it to the keg. That'll bust your QD.

Latest posts

Back