Dream Beer Course

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poopsmitherson

Reaction score
If you could take any class to improve your brewing, what would the course title be?

I'm hoping to take some next steps, but I want to know what to concentrate on based on what others feel the need to improve or learn about. What are you most interested in learning about to improve your own process and why?

I wouldn't take any class, I would just improve my system to be able to make 10-15 experimental batches at a time and then have an audience of BJCP certified folks to taste test them so I could improve my recipes. Oh and a time machine to skip the aging process.

Once you have the process down and understand the science a bit, no classes are really going to improve your beer, just experimentation IMO.

Water Chemistry is a good one but for me I think my ideal class would be to have someone observe my brew day and tell me specifically what I could improve or where my lack of knowledge is showing. Could point out things to improve my efficiency or consistency. Could be having someone come to me or bringing my kit to them (I have a cave man system where this is actually possible). Might not be what you're looking for though since it could probably be accomplished by getting a more experienced brewer to shadow me for some beer or something.

Back