Drank my first home brew tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splat

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanted to tell you that I cracked open my first bottle of home brew tonight.....Survey says...Two thumbs up :mug: Ok, so it WAS a Mr. Beer kit homebrew(west coast pale ale that I added some extra sugar), but it was still my own and I was very happy and surprised. It was the Mr Beer that got me started into my real kit....I went out and got the whole setup at my local brew shop and my first "real" batch is in the primary, possibly going to the secondary this weekend. If that happens Im going to brew up a "Dead guy ale" clone. My local shop has a reicpe for me....Im looking forward to that one...Anyone tried it before? Any good?

Thanks for all your help so far....

Splat:tank:

Prost! I'm not gonna knock Mr. Beer, it made beer, didn't it!? I am glad that you went down to the LHBS and went legit. it's cheaper in the long run. I enjoyed a few of a recent APA, my first attempt at dry-hopping. It's delicious! have fun!

Yup, good job mate, and welcome to the forum! :mug: I must say I remember drinking my first brew and thinking to myself: "damn I'm so glad I got into this", and so far the beers have only been getting better and better, so prepare yourself for your 'proper' first beer, cos I'm sure your gonna love it even more. :D

Congratulations! Have no shame about Mr. Beer. It's not that he can't make good enough stuff; it's more the bang for the buck. I know some NHC medalists that started with Mr. Beer.

TL

It doesn't matter if you start with Mr. Beer, Extract or even something more advanced; the more your brew and the more knowledge you gain, the better your beer will get.

With your upgrades, I'm pretty certain you'll LOVE your next batch, but for heaven's sake, enjoy what you made. There is nothing quite like your first one.

Never made a Mr Beer, beer.

Congrats on your bubbly neckar of the gods. :mug:

congrats. i'm not fond of the mr. beer system, but when it turns out good, you know that the brewer is on the right path with techniques and sanitation.

I hear you. Every time I crack open a brew I just have to pause, even if just for a second, and bask in the knowledge that I made this.

The more I brew, the more I learn, and the more I want to learn. Then I come here and read. My beer has gotten better. It's a great feeling to see your beer going from OK to good. It's even better to see it go from good to great. I bet it feels really good to go from great to world-class.

Look at the bright side, that Mr.Beer fermenter is now a lean mean Apfelwein fermenting machine!

Congrats, posts like this make me happy..and more anxious about brewing.

brett said:
I hear you. Every time I crack open a brew I just have to pause, even if just for a second, and bask in the knowledge that I made this.

I do that, too. It's a great feeling!:mug:

Back