Draft tower opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capcrnch

Reaction score
Other then the faucets, my other concern would just be insulation. Don't have this one, but I got a bargain on one on ebay very similar to this. I wouldn't be concerned about the tower leaning or being off, more so sealing it when you put it in, and having a way to cool it since it probably has a 1/4 sheet of cheap foam for insulation.

For the price, I would look more. If you look at the shanks where the faucets are, there is white sticking out. Ewww. Second, it doesn't say what the barb size is, and doesn't come with lines.

I don't see any posted, but I got mine from kegcowboy (Jeff) with 3ft 3/16 lines, connections and all for $88 (+$13.72 SH). I've swapped taps for perlicks, and changed to longer lines, but still a good buy in my mind. Happy hunting!

This place has reasonable prices with very high quality. There are so many options and configurations you are nearly guaranteed to find exactly what you want. I ordered a brushed stainless steel tower with three holes. Came with a cap, quality insulation, and gasket at the bottom. The brushed stainless in gorgeous. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was cheaper than anywhere else and very nice. Plus, by just ordering the tower you can customize your shanks/tower combination in case you want Perlicks or Nitrogen etc.

Products

Other then the faucets, my other concern would just be insulation. Don't have this one, but I got a bargain on one on ebay very similar to this. I wouldn't be concerned about the tower leaning or being off, more so sealing it when you put it in, and having a way to cool it since it probably has a 1/4 sheet of cheap foam for insulation.

For the price, I would look more. If you look at the shanks where the faucets are, there is white sticking out. Ewww. Second, it doesn't say what the barb size is, and doesn't come with lines.

I don't see any posted, but I got mine from kegcowboy (Jeff) with 3ft 3/16 lines, connections and all for $88 (+$13.72 SH). I've swapped taps for perlicks, and changed to longer lines, but still a good buy in my mind. Happy hunting!

I attributed the "white" to be teflon tape showing on faucets that weren't installed all the way.

I actually bought one today from my lhbs.

Thanks though!

Well, im officially a *******.

I brought my dual tower over to my dads today.
Or so I thought.
I set it on the roof of my Jeep while we loaded the truck, took off and it worked its way out of the roof rack at about 75mph. Never found it.

So, im on the hunt AGAIN (and so not happy about it)...

I have a 10% off coupon for eBay right now, so im thinking ill go that way so that SWMBO doesn't castrate me..

Any thoughts on this?
From BeverageFactory

Thanks!!

go for it. i bought my whole kegerator conversion kit from beverage factory and every bit of it is top notch quality.

sucks about your last one though!

go for it. i bought my whole kegerator conversion kit from beverage factory and every bit of it is top notch quality.

sucks about your last one though!

It's stainless, certainly photographs better then the one in my first post (haha) and it comes from a reputable shop.

Yeah, im pretty pissed at myself for the braindead move. I was in such a rush to leave and get the Jeep packed up that I didn't even think.
It was stupid for me to bring it over there too.
My dad wanted to see how it was made to see if he could make some at work.

Now he can figure it out for himself ;)

Back