Draft system I saw at target

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadozen

Reaction score
So yeah I saw this on an end cap while getting a few things for the holidays, the plastic jug that sits in the"device" was dented and felt somewhat flimsy, but it got me thinking, could you refill that jug with something more pleasing then bud?
For the record the other 2 beer jugs they had for sale were shock top and goose island IPA, you can feel however you want about that selection.

View attachment 1416789904224.jpg

Weird! I'm assuming the prefilled "jugs" are already carbed, though? I would be nervous about trying to carbonate in that vessel. I also wonder what they do to dispense... It looks like they have a bag inside the jug, and they just use a little compressor to inject air between the bag and jug. Which would be kinda like the Party Pig approach which inflates a bladder inside the vessel, but it wouldn't carbonate for you.

I wouldn't dream of carbing anything in these, add for dispensing goes, I was worth my wife so I doesn't have a lot of time to look at anything. I was mostly looking at using it as a mini cask that was small enough for a catastrophe.
I just don't know enough about cask\real ale

I saw this thing at Target today too. It caught my attention right away. After a few minutes of inspection, my 11 year old firmly stated, "Dad, these can't be refilled or reused unless you buy their crap."

I did something right, eh?

Cool looking system, but useless for us home brewers.

I like my kegs! And if I ever feel that I need to travel with an amount less than 5 gallons I will either drink heavily the night before :drunk: and take an oversized keg or buy a 2 or 3 gallon keg. May not be cheaper but it won't be made of plastic and limited to what they offer. :p Then again I do like to tinker. ... if anyone gets one post the results of your tinkering. Please. :D

I like my kegs! And if I ever feel that I need to travel with an amount less than 5 gallons I will either drink heavily the night before :drunk: and take an oversized keg or buy a 2 or 3 gallon keg. May not be cheaper but it won't be made of plastic and limited to what they offer. :p Then again I do like to tinker. ... if anyone gets one post the results of your tinkering. Please. :D

God, I'd love to have the whole kegging set up. My dad's derriere found a bunch of hoses and connections and what have you but it's for commercial kegs, not sure if I could use it. Even has the CO2 tank, but I still wouldn't have the space for it (according to my wife). Once I'm done being lazy about it I'll post pics of the system to find out more.
Needless to say this looked like a cheap way to cut bottling day in half, since I'm looking at going to 6 gallon batches... I'm 25 but I feel 80 being hunched over bottling.

God, I'd love to have the whole kegging set up. My dad's derriere found a bunch of hoses and connections and what have you but it's for commercial kegs, not sure if I could use it. Even has the CO2 tank, but I still wouldn't have the space for it (according to my wife). Once I'm done being lazy about it I'll post pics of the system to find out more.
Needless to say this looked like a cheap way to cut bottling day in half, since I'm looking at going to 6 gallon batches... I'm 25 but I feel 80 being hunched over bottling.

Sit your bottling bucket on top of the fridge, then your not hunched over but instead sitting comfortably in a chair doing it on the counter. :)

I put a small end table on top of my kitchen table, with the bottling bucket on top of everything. Towel on the floor. Sanitizer bucket on a chair next to the table.

Looks to me like it uses some sort of vacuum pump, since it says that no oxygen comes in contact with the beer, and it takes a rechargeable battery.

Saw these the other day http://growltap.com/ . Looks like it may solve both the serving and carbonating issues... and you wouldn't have to buy whatever beer 'cartridges' AB wanted to sell. You can just fill a growler with homebrew or a commercial from a growler fill place. I keg, but many times am looking for an easy way to transport small amounts, or even carb up a small test batch. I'm not trying to be a salesman for this- I don't even own one- but it's on the xmas list. I can think of a lot of uses.

Back