Draft line cleaning manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microbusbrewery

Reaction score
I thought I'd post a couple pics and some info regarding my new draft line cleaning manifold. It involves some of the newer threaded post fittings from Brew Hardware. I used these along with a CSST distribution manifold and a camlock fitting to make a cleaning manifold. I just used it for the first time and it worked awesome. I recirculated hot line cleaner, then flushed with hot water, then recirculated with sanitizer.

Pictures are worth 1000 words, so here are a few. Oh, and I'm not affiliated with Brew Hardware in any way, I just think Bobby has some really innovative products.

IMG_20181210_204513_920.jpeg
IMG_20181210_190836813.jpeg
IMG_20181210_204513_915.jpeg
IMG_20181210_195624350.jpeg

That's the bomb! Nice job :mug:

Bobby didn't have that post back when I spec'd my cleaning manifold (from chicompany.net). I'd have preferred a stainless steel manifold like yours over the aluminum. With thorough flushing during the rinse phase it hasn't shown issues running mild caustics like BLC/LLC through it so far, but still...

keezer_cleaner_02.jpg

fwiw, I use the gas post to blow the final rinse water out of the lines/faucets using one of the gas lines...

Cheers!

Last edited:
That's the bomb! Nice job :mug: Is that

Bobby didn't have that post back when I spec'd my cleaning manifold (from chicompany.net). I'd have preferred a stainless steel manifold like yours over the aluminum. With thorough flushing during the rinse phase it hasn't shown issues running mild caustics like BLC/LLC through it so far, but still...

View attachment 601869

fwiw, I use the gas post to blow the final rinse water out of the lines/faucets using one of the gas lines...

Cheers!
That's pretty sweet too. Good to hear it's holding up.

Mine is a HomeFlex 11-050504, about $15 via Amazon. The main body is kind of thin, but I think it'll be fine as long as I don't drop it. It's reportedly made out of 304 stainless. I soaked it in PBW followed by Star San to passivate and didn't see any signs of corrosion, so it seems all good.

Latest posts

Back