• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Downsizing, moving, etc. EVERYTHING GOES! $500

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catmandu1999

Reaction score
I have not had a brew day in a couple years, and with the move have decided to get rid of my collection and start over if I find the time.

Great lot of stuff to get started with, or maybe just add to your own collection of junk!

IMG_2299[1].JPG

3 gallon SS brew pot
Copper wort chiller
Two 6 gallon glass carboys
Three 5 gallon glass carboys
Two 5 gallon plastic fermenters
Two Coke Korny kegs and associated ball cocks
Two CO2 cylinders, one full
Dual outlet CO2 regulator
~90 Grolsch bottles with 'custom' ;) bottle drying rack
Keezer temperature controller with 25' power cord
Many miscellaneous parts and supplies, some seen in the photo

No shipping, local pick up only, currently in a storage unit in Chester, MD.

Are you flexible on price? The only things of reasonable value I see are the cylinders/regulator (if it works) and kegs, and even considering a local market value for the rest I'm not getting anywhere near half of what you're asking (I have carboys I can't give away within reasonable driving distance of you)

A reasonable man is always open to reasonable offers. I am a reasonable man.

Not having to drink 90 bottles of Grolsch has got to be worth at least $500. And just look at that 'custom' bottle drying rack: Gold, Jerry!

If only I had known about your carboys when I paid good money for mine, it would have been worth the drive! :yes:

A reasonable man is always open to reasonable offers. I am a reasonable man.

Not having to drink 90 bottles of Grolsch has got to be worth at least $500. And just look at that 'custom' bottle drying rack: Gold, Jerry!

If only I had known about your carboys when I paid good money for mine, it would have been worth the drive! :yes:

LOL. I love your answer. I love kegging and have never looked back.....I even kept swingtop bottles thinking I'd still use them....but basically changed to brewing stuff that I'd drink from a keg and abandoned brewing stuff that would go slow or be better bottled and aged. I can't get rid of my bucket based mash tun/jacket, some carboys, and random other stuff I've outgrown. Meanwhile I have also accrued several really new CO2 cylinders, kegs, and regulators really cheap as people get out of the hobby, quit drinking, or other reasons.....if you're patient it is amazing how cheap you can get some items.

My recommendation to you (unless you stopped drinking): Give away everything but two carboys, the kegs, the regulator, tanks, and misc tubing, wort chiller, airlocks, stoppers, etc. and start brewing again. For a little bit (less than $150) you can get those brew days down to less than 4 hours easily.....I'm assuming you don't have a propane burner and a stick heater. If you brew extracts I bet you could even get faster than 4 hrs.

My point: Maybe don't give up because you don't have the time....set up to brew in the time you've got. When we added our first child when I was 36, I wanted to start brewing again (my only hobby really)....but needed to find ways to be smart with the time it took. It can be done and not cut corners on quality.....and sanitizers and methods have changed a lot since I started brewing that can save a lot of time

Back