Double Ferment Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiCo

Reaction score
305A2819-11EF-4824-A3E9-6C63CEF4E767.jpeg
Newbie to Kombucha here, but i’m curious if this (see pic) 1 gallon will carbonate or if there’s too much air at the top? See, i added in some lemon & ginger to my Komb (after removing the mother/baby) then realized i probably couldn’t pour this into my 16-oz bottles with an even distribution of the ginger & lemon, so i’m curious if i can do it this way then strain & pour into my bottles 3 days from now, and if it’ll be carbonated. Has anyone tried this?

It works best if you bottle it into suitably small bottles (I use 1 Ltr screw top PET beer bottles) and if your Booch is somewhat tart, add a small amount of sugar when you bottle to feed the residual yeast.
I too use lemon & ginger; 2 lemons juiced and about 250 g of ginger juiced for my normal batch size of 20 liters. It takes about 12-14 days to carbonate at room temperature. Refrigerate when suitably fizzy.

Back