Double Blind Fail - floating dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1k3

Reaction score
Hey thought I'd share my failure "success" in accidentally doing a double blind test.

I brewed 10 gallons of Double IPA 8.1% all 2 row (10ml Columbus hop extract, 10ml Centennial hop extract, 1/2# Amarillo at the end of the boil, 4oz times two dry hop charges with Citra).

I put 5 gallons of each exactly the same beer into two kegs. One keg just got a floating dip tube conversion and the other is 100% uncut ball lock keg dip tube.

I killed the first keg, thinking that it was top feeding and amazing how I could drink the beer so soon...
Only to find out that I had killed the standard keg that was feeding from the bottom the entire time!!!!

Does anyone swear by the floating dip tube? Now I am drinking the second keg and getting foamy beer from the floating dip tube!!!!

I have the Clear Beer system in 10 of my 14 kegs. They work extremely well and you can even add a hop screen if you DH in the keg.

Latest posts

Back