doppelbock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themashedone

Reaction score
Just put my double bock in the fridge. I pitched three wyeast bavarian lager smack paks. The yeast was smacked a day earlier and was inflated by the time i pitched the yeast into a 75 degree wort to avoid shock then put the beer in the fridge set at 52 degrees. Will this be enough yeast. this is my first lager and im just worried that this was not a correct procedure for lagers. I researched and got 20 different ways...Is my beer going to make it.

3 packs is a fair amount of yeast, but it all depends upon your original gravity. I like to put my lagers outside of the fridge until I see active fermentation, then I cool to about 45 or so (depending upon the yeast strain) by about 1-2 degrees/day.

i was going to throw 3 packs and a starter but when i got home i realized the dme was gone so... my og was 1.083. so chilling to 50 or so before active fermentation wont be an issue other than a lag time or do i need to take it out to room temp to kick start it.

Latest posts

Back