Door mount fauct on a Sanyo 4912?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsak

Reaction score
I picked up a used Sanyo 4912 for cheap ($30!) to convert into a kegerator. I've seen many tower conversions, but never a door mounted faucet. Would doing a door faucet eliminate the cooling issues that come along with a tower? I know adding a fan helps this, but equipment costs keep adding up and this would save money and makes sense.

The only downside i foresee is the need to set the fridge on something to make it a little higher, and having to deal with hoses when opening the door.

i dont know of any reason it wouldnt work, long as the shank wasn't too long to knock into the kegs when closed.

i would want to have it on a table or something. raised somehow. don't want to knee the tap by accident and fill your boots with beer.

The length of the shank was something i didn't think about, thanks for posting.

I think a short stand/table of some sort would bring it to a comfortable pouring height.

It would also be fairly easy to patch up the hole and cover it with a sticker if i decided the door wasn't doing the job and wanted to switch to the tower. No coolant lines to worry about hitting either....hmmmm decisions, decisions

I've got this fridge with a door mount faucet - it works great. I've got it on four cinder blocks to make it the right height, and they are covered by some dark black cloth so the wife will let them in the house.

I've got this fridge with a door mount faucet - it works great. I've got it on four cinder blocks to make it the right height, and they are covered by some dark black cloth so the wife will let them in the house.

What size shanks did you use? howmuch clearance does it give you between the shank and the kegs? Any pics available?

Yeah, please more info on the setup and pics would be awesome!

Thanks

Back