Don't you hate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahunaman

Reaction score
When you KNOW you have a shipment of goods coming today, and you KNOW the UPS guy is normally there by 11, so you go home at lunch, and you sit around, and NO UPS guy so you can't even look at all your wonderful ingredients before you go BACK To work and track your package only to see that it was delivered 3 minutes after you left!>>!!>
Thats all I have for you right now.
Thanks.

Could be worse. I got this on one of my recent orders:

GREENSBORO, NC, US 11/11/2008 7:30 A.M. TRAIN DERAILMENT
REDMOND, WA, US 11/06/2008 1:29 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
REDMOND, WA, US 11/05/2008 11:09 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SEATTLE, WA, US 11/05/2008 10:42 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Nope.

I learned my lesson when I had some hops delivered to my doorstep and removed before I got home.

Now, everything comes to my workplace and I buy hops locally to ensure they don't sit at room temp, or worse, in a box over the weekend. Yeah, learned that lesson the hard way too.

Could be worse. I got this on one of my recent orders:

GREENSBORO,
NC, US 11/11/2008 7:30 A.M. TRAIN DERAILMENT REDMOND,
WA, US 11/06/2008 1:29 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN REDMOND,
WA, US 11/05/2008 11:09 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN SEATTLE,
WA, US 11/05/2008 10:42 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Oops. Hope you weren't shipping HomeBrew and teh Engineer found out. ;)

last time i ordered ups my order ended up getting shipped from NJ to Cal and then by accidnet they shipped to richmond Virginia....Took 3 weeks to locate and ship back to me :( delayed gratification

That is how people in my house end up drinking pumpkin beer in Feb. and Winter Stout for 4th of July. Hey - they're lucky I give them any at all.

I'm going to dump off 2 cases of Bock that I fermented at ale instead of lager temperatures this thanksgiving. Its this malty, hot beverage that people who dont' know anything will think is great - because it gets them ****faced quickly.
I'll have em chilled and ready to go!

I think it's a conspiracy. They know you're anxiously awaiting the ingredients arrival, so something has to go wrong. When I order from AHS early morning one day, it usually arrives the next day. However, I had Veteran's Day off a few weeks ago and planned to brew, so I ordered my ingredients early Thursday thinking it would arrive Friday. NOPE! It ended up shipping on Monday and of course arrived early evening Tuesday on my day off :( No brewing that day for me :(

I had a shipment coming a while back and I was anxiously waiting at home for it. It started getting close to six pm and no ups guy. I tracked it again at 6 and it said "delivered" I was like wtf!?! No way I missed it. The ups guy hit the wrong address and I had to wait days to get it resolved.

i'm also waiting for an order to show up. But its worth the wait cuz i end up being like a kid opening a present at christmas.

Back