Don't you hate when you have NOTHING to do brew-wise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have stuff sitting in carboys clearing up for either secondary or kegging, but neither will be done until the weekend. I can't buy any ingrediants because I'm broke. All my equipment is clean, and bottle labels all removed. My next recipe has already been ironed out. I can't even prepare for yeast washing because I don't rack off the cake until Sat.

Oh, on top of all that my lager is still about 4 weeks away.

ARGH!!!

You can come over to my place and de-label bottles for me :D

I currently have 7 fermenters, and I always have kegs to clean... plus I have a bunch of random crap I can foodle with... my biggest problem is not having time!

+1 For planning your next upgrade.. My last "waiting for the fermenters to clear" turned into planning and building my brew stand, and planning and sourcing parts for my e-HLT.

I've got the opposite problem, a list of stuff I need to do but can't keep up with.

Come on over and get to work....

Yeah, that's where I am. I have kegs to break down, 11 gallons of wine to bottle, 10 gallons of wine to rack, 10 gallons of beer to rack, some wine bottles to clean, the grain storage area to organize, a mini-fridge to mess around with to get it to fit two mini-kegs, etc. So much stuff to do, but no time to do it.

I can't do anything - brew wise or otherwise - until my arm heals. I broke a carboy a few weeks ago, and currently have my right arm in a cast. I have the ingredients for another batch that I was going to brew, but it will have to wait. I have a lot of other stuff I want to do, but it'll have to wait. Life sucks for me right now.

I have 4 cases of bottles that need delabeling...two (cases) of them are XX bottles. That'd keep you busy for a while.

Yeah i prefer to have nothing to do but drink my beer.
BUT, I have some kegs that need rebuilt, 10G crash cooling, but basically I'm just stalling because i have nowhere to put it. 5G of Apfelwein also waiting on a keg.
I suppose I could bottle all this stuff since my kegs are tied up.....but I have kegs. I can't do that!
Need to buy 4 more kegs dangit.
Maybe I'll admit defeat and bottle the Apfelwein........No

What is so hard about de-labeling? Soak em in Oxyclean and it is done.

Not Dos Equis bottles-- those things are stuck harder than peanut butter in a dogs mouth. Sigh...that's all SWMBO will drink though (I working on her...slipped her a Blue Paddle from New Belgium last week and I think she liked it)

I have never had this issue. I have so much stuff to do right now that it's just recockulous.

Not really. There's always too much other stuff to do. Just finished putting a utility trailer together, in the final stages of dry-walling the old garage, got to pick up some used windows for the sunroom/spa enclosure today. Also need to replace the range and the leaky patio door. If I get bored, I can always cut another cord of wood. mow the front 2 acres or grade the driveway.

Then there's the ongoing war with stickers: blackberries (3 kinds), thistles (7 kinds), and 3-4 others I haven't even identified.

My problem is that my beer doesn't disappear fast enough, I think I average 1 brew (5 gallon) per month. I need more friends to come over so I can turnover the stock faster.

Not really. There's always too much other stuff to do. Just finished putting a utility trailer together, in the final stages of dry-walling the old garage, got to pick up some used windows for the sunroom/spa enclosure today. Also need to replace the range and the leaky patio door. If I get bored, I can always cut another cord of wood. mow the front 2 acres or grade the driveway.

Then there's the ongoing war with stickers: blackberries (3 kinds), thistles (7 kinds), and 3-4 others I haven't even identified.
Amen to this, although you have a lot more going on then I, But I have a 10 month old in the mix as well. This is mostly the reason I don't get anything done. Not because he is work, but because if I'm home from work, I prefer to spend the next 4.5 hours with him until he goes to bed. My time to get brew stuff and house stuff done is 9-9:30pm till I fall asleep.

My problem is that my beer doesn't disappear fast enough, I think I average 1 brew (5 gallon) per month. I need more friends to come over so I can turnover the stock faster.
Me and swmbo have no problem generally emptying a 5G keg in 2-3 weeks. This is no excuse :) If you're having problem getting beer drank, Try buying a Wii and Mario Kart. The beer disappears quickly with this one :) Oh and Rockband as well!

Back