don't wanna weld a manifold, will this 'bazooka' work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snailsongs

Reaction score
I'm constructing a mash/lauter tun out of a 48 qt rectangular cooler and I was hoping to do the convenient and easy thing and just fit this "bazooka" fitting to the inside for draining/batch-sparging. It will not stretch much more than 1/2 the distance across the cooler. Will it be adequate for collecting the majority of the wort? I don't want to play around with welding a copper manifold right now.....

see the bazooka here: The Bazooka Screen :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

Yes, that's what I use in my 48qt icecube. Works great for batch sparging. I prop the rear of the cooler up with a 1/2 inch board to improve drainage.

Just FYI, You don't need to weld manifolds together. The pieces usually fit together tight enough to prevent it from coming apart while you are mashing. It also makes it easier to clean them.

Latest posts

Back