Don't get the Flu!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricK The Red

Reaction score
<pity party>

Dear god I just want a swift & painless death. I called into work, filled tub with hot hot water, took enough medication to hurt my liver and life still sucks.

Go boil yourselves for at least 20 minutes as this post may be contagious!

:(

</pity party>

I had the superbug, that cold flu combination that was going around, I was sick for the better part of 3 months.

Try bathing in starsan, AND drinking some...:D

Get well soon!

Yea well get that while you are in Afganistan and you get no days off.

Things could be worse, you need percoset and a beer

I got hit last year. Was down for about 3 weeks. I really thought I was going to die. Then they had to stick that swab up my nose...No fun.

Get well...

I had a hideous upper respiratory infection this fall, I was feeling like crap for a good six weeks. The sore throat alone was enough to make me wish for death, and I also had this terrible and painful dry cough. It sucked.

But yeah, beer will help.

Is it a known fact that beer will help? I will actually consider giving up beer for a little while if it will shorten the duration of this thing.

I've been fighting the beginning stages of something nasty off for like 3 weeks, and last night my immune system started losing the battle. I was on a pretty sustained consumption regimen all weekend. (Valentine's dinner on Friday with some drinking during and after, Winterfest on Saturday culminating with mass consumption in the evening, typical Sunday of not really getting too drunk but drinking beer all day and night, drink-n-brew Monday followed by the weekend-ending drink session in the late evening.) Then I went to work Tuesday and felt that damn dry cough that you can never satisfy, and knew I was ****ed.

This morning I had that feeling that someone had taken a wood rasp to my windpipe all night long. Serious body aching (all my joints feel like they've been hit with hammers), some fits in the bathroom, and the throat soreness refuses to let up. The sinus part hasn't really set in yet. I'm armed and ready to power flush my nasal passages though.

Last year I had one that varied in intensity but basically ****ed me over for about 2 months straight. If this one lasts that long I'm going to go on a rampage. Blood will be shed.

Damn, luckily I got the flu shot this season, but from the looks of it, it only protects against 2 out of the 3 strains going around this year, which is why I carry around a pocket sized container of hand sanitizer. My friends can make fun of my all they want for my OCD-like habit, but I aint getting sick this season!

What I have managed to contract, though, is shingles. It's a mild case and my doc gave me narcotic painkillers, so it's not all bad.

Flu I don't mind. It's the I-want-to-drill-out-my-face sinus infections that I hate.

Stay away from small children & their grandparents. Works for me.

Yeah, I know I sound like a drunken fool, but here's what I do when I get really sick. Be it a cold, flu, strep throat etc, here's how I handle it.

I personally enjoy straight whiskey, be it scotch (Glenlivet please!) Bourbon (Wild Turkey or Maker's mark) are a blend (Chivas will do) with nothing mixed in but a bit of ice on a hot day.

When I get hit hard, I KILL the offending viri with Whiskey. Seriously, I sit down with a bottle of cheap whiskey (Why waste good stuff, when I am too sick to taste it, and the Viri don't deserve it?) and BURN them out of my system.

Nearly without fail, I drink 1/2-3/4 of a 700ml bottle of whiskey, wake up with a sore head, and the effects of the Virus diminished.

BURN the bastards out of your sytem!

Back