Don't Drink and Mashout!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I decided to try a mashout yesterday (Normally just fly sparge with near boiling water) So I heated up the Mashtun, silly me when I moved it I didn't consider the Platform I sparge from is plastic, since The Tun is always cool outside when I move it, I didn't think about the fact I had just heated the metal.... It took about 10 min to get it off the table for cleaning, took about 20 min to get the melted plastic off of it, and my table has a perfect circle melted through the top. :drunk:

I once burned a nice ring in a piece of plywood by putting a keg with a red-hot skirt on it. Thank God it was scrap.

It could be worse: A good friend of mine tried to save a large wrought iron hand railing from falling over in a metal shop I used to work in. Unfortunately he managed to grab it right on a spot that had been heated to red hot about five minutes prior. He has most of the mobility back now....... after about six years! Nothing quite like the smell of vaporized skin.

Back