Donks fire Shanahan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw that too...kind of a bummer to see him go but I suppose it's about time - especially in light of recent events...

it was probably mutual since there are so many coaching positions open. interesting if he goes back to the raiders but can see him actually taking on the chiefs of herm is let go after they get a new gm.

As a lifelong Bronco fan and a strong Shanahan supporter, I am kind of saddened. I do think it will be the best thing for both Mike and the Donks. He is a great coach but being VP, GM and coach is just too much and I don't think he was willing to give them up.

They should have done this last year. One headline I saw on this topic summed it up best: Mike Shanahan the coach gets fired; Mike Shanahan the GM to blame.

He's a good/great coach, but his personnel decisions over the last 3-4 years have been absolutely horrible.

I agree in whole. Case in point - Maurice Clarrett. Not a decision any sane mind would make.

He got cocky with the running backs after getting lucky for a few years. He would basically just put anybody in the backfield and assume he would rush for 1000 yards just because he was the coach. Worked for a few years, but came back to haunt him.

As a KC native living in Denver, I'd LOVE to see Shenanigans in Chiefs Red and Gold.
That would be sacrilegious! It was funny during Bowlen's conference - someone asked him how he's feel about Mike going to a team in the AFC West - he said it wouldn't matter unless he went to the Chiefs - then he'd be pissed. The only thing that is for sure is that he is not going to the Raiders:)

Back